Village of Maywood Board of Trustees met February 20.
Village of Maywood Board of Trustees met February 20.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call To Order
2. Roll Call
4. Pledge Of Allegiance To The Flag
5. Approval Of Minutes For The Village Board Meeting Of The Board Of
Trustees Held On Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
6. Oaths, Reports, Proclamations, Announcements And Appointments:
A. Finance Management Report(s):
1) Approval of Village of Maywood Warrant List No. 220446 through February 13, 2018 in the amount of $242,741.38.
2) Discussion of Village of Maywood Finance Department Working Capital Reserve Fund (Rainy Day Fund) be transferred to the Corporate Fund in the total amount of $995,624.02.
3) Discussion of Village of Maywood Open Invoices Report as of February 15, 2018 in the total amount of $4,002,060.94.
B. Mayor's Report and Theme: "A Shift Is Coming, Things Are Changing In Our Favor, When The People Get A Mind To Work"
1) Presentation by Edelson PC concerning Opioid. They are a nationally recognized leader in plaintiffs' class and mass action litigation.
C. Village Manager's Report Agenda Items:
1) The Village of Maywood PC/ZBA to host a Plan Commissioner Workshop/Training Session jointly sponsored by the DePaul University Chaddick Institute, APA Illinois and CMAP. Presentation will be presented by Lauri Marston, a consultant to the Chaddick Institute and former Director of Community Development for Wilmette, and Andy Cross, Senior Planner at City of Highland Park. The training will be held from 7:00pm - 9:00pm in the Council Chambers Tuesday, February 27, 2018. There will be no cost to the Village.
2) Discussion and consideration for Village Board Preliminary Review, Access West Cook Project - Scattered Site Housing Proposal from IFF for 5th Avenue vacant lots located at 1902, 2009, 2024 and 2032 South 5th Avenue in the Village of Maywood. The lots are owned by the Cook County Land Bank. Motion to move this proposal to the next PC/ZBA agenda for review and recommendation.
3) Presentation from Police Chief, Valdimir Talley, Jr. regarding the "Application for 9-1-1 Consolidation Plan" due to the State of Illinois by February 28, 2018. The plan is to transition staff on or before December 31, 2018 to be in compliance with the state mandate.
4) Presentation from Police Chief Valdimir Talley, Jr. regarding a fight at Proviso- East High School during the middle of January, 2018. The Village Board is requesting information.
D. Village Attorney Report Agenda Items: None
7. Omnibus Agenda Items:
A. Approval of payment to Accu-Tron Computer Service for computer consulting services for the month of February 2018 in the amount of $6,300.00.
B. Approval of payment to Allied Waste Service for garbage pick-up services for the month of January 2018 in the amount of $141,750.00.
C. Approval of payment to Amalgamated Bank of Chicago for the Village of Melrose Park Series 1998A Bond due for March 2018 in the amount of $38,409.75.
D. Approval of payment to Core and Main for the purchase of water and sewer supplies for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $26,694.40.
E. Approval of payment to Comcast for recurring Telephone/Ethernet services at the Fire Department, Police Station, Multipurpose Building and Village Hall in the amount of $10,330.34.
F. Approval of payment to H&H Electric Company for street light maintenance and repair for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $23,214.80.
G. Approval of payment to Standard Equipment Company for street sweeper repairs for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $11,752.74.
H. Approval of payment to Village of Melrose Park for water services provided from the Village of Melrose Park to the Village of Maywood December 25, 2017 through January 24, 2018 in the amount of $63,960.00.
I. Approval of payment to Wigit's Truck Service for vehicle maintenance, repairs, parts and service for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $8,568.06.
J. Ordinance Authorizing The Creation And Ratification The Issuance Of A Class "C" Liquor License (Temporary Special Event Liquor License For Non-Village Owned Property) For St. Eulalia Church Located At 1845 South 9th Avenue (Special Event Date: February 3, 2018), with a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
K. Resolution Approving A Repayment Agreement Between The Village Of Maywood And The Illinois Department Of Commerce And Economic Opportunity For The Return Of Certain Grant Funds Issued Under Grant Number 10-071107), with a copy of the draft Repayment Agreement attached as Exhibit “A” to the Resolution, and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
L. Ordinance Authorizing Certain Expenditures From Chicago Title Insurance Company Escrow Numbers 2, 4 And 5 Established For The St. Charles Road Tax Increment Financing Redevelopment Project Area Fund To Pay For Certain Eligible Project Expenses (Escrow Number 2: Train Station Project) (Escrow Number 4: Village Projects) (Escrow Number 5: Village Administration Costs) (Professional Engineering Services: Hancock Engineering Company), and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
M. Ordinance Approving The Sale Of Real Property, A Temporary Access Agreement, And Negotiation Of A Redevelopment Agreement Pursuant To The Tax Reactivation Program Of The Village Of Maywood – National Cycle Inc., with related Exhibits, and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. (Presented at the February 6, 2018 Village Board Meeting).
N. An Ordinance Approving Change Order Number 1 To The Agreement Between The Village Of Maywood And Norvilla, LLC For The Performance Of Construction Services For The Combined 17th Avenue And18th Avenue Improvements Project, With a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
8. New Business:
A. Resolution Approving And Authorizing Execution Of A Pool Use Agreement To Be Entered Into Between The Village Of Maywood And The West Cook Ymca Relative To The Fred Hampton Family Aquatic Facility (2018 Summer Season), with a copy of the draft Agreement attached as Exhibit “A” to the Resolution, and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
B. Resolution Approving An Agreement Between The Village Of Maywood And The Edwin Hancock Engineering Company For Furnishing Of Professional Engineering Services (Preliminary Design Engineering Services) For The 2018 Green Infrastructure Alley Improvements Project And For The Appropriation And Expenditure Of Mwrd Green Infrastructure Grant Funds To Pay For The Professional Engineering Services Related To The Project, with a copy of the draft Agreement attached as Exhibit “A” to the Resolution, and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
C. Resolution Approving And Authorizing The Execution Of An Intergovernmental Agreement Establishing The Ike Joint Emergency Telephone System Board And Providing For The Consolidation Of And Operation Of Certain Public Safety Answering Points And The Eisenhower Emergency Communication Center (“Ike 911 Center”) (Participating Members: Village Of Broadview And The Village Of Maywood), with a copy of the Intergovernmental Agreement attached as Exhibit “A” to the Resolution, and a cover memo dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
D. Motion To Approve A Payment Request In The Amount Of $40,870.36 To Norvilla, Llc For Work On The 17th And 18th Avenue Improvements Project (Pay Estimate No. 3), Which Includes Work Performed Under Change Order No. 1 In The Amount Of $25,071.20. Supporting documentation from Hancock Engineering is attached.
E. Discussion and approval of Sewer Cleaning and Televising of the sewers within the limits of the various upcoming capital improvement projects to be constructed in 2018 in the Village of Maywood. It is estimated that the cost would be approx. $32,000 for the areas within the Madison TIF and $36,000 for areas outside of the TIF. Motion to move forward with advertising for contractor bids to perform sewer cleaning and televising work as described.
9. Old Business:
10. For Information Only:
A. Memorandum regarding Summary of Public Act 100-285 regarding Amendments to the Juvenile Court Act, dated February 14, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. [For Information Only].
11. Public Comments: