River Forest trustees to vote on plan to build Concordia University dorms
The River Forest Village Board will consider approving plans for a residence hall at Concordia University during its next meeting 7 p.m. Tuesday in the first-floor Community Room of River Forest Village Hall, 400 Park Ave.
The board is the legislative and policy-making body of the village. It includes the village president and six trustees.
Public Notice - Village Board Consideration of Planned Development Application - Concordia University Residence Hall
Public notice is hereby given that on Tuesday, July 12, 2016, at 7:00p.m. in the First Floor Community Room of the River Forest Village Hall, 400 Park Ave., River Forest, Illinois, the Village of River Forest Board of Trustees will consider approval of the following Planned Development Application:
Application# 16-01: Application for Amendment to Planned Development. The Applicant proposes to construct a residence hall on the east side of the campus, approximately the southwest corner of Bonnie Brae Place and Thomas.
The Development Review Board (DRB) held Public Hearings on this matter on June 2, 2016, and continued to June 23, 2016. By a vote of 7-0 at the June 23, 2016, continued meeting, the DRB recommended approval of the application as amended and supplemented at the meeting.
The approval included approval of the University's request for a Site Development Allowance in building height to 64 feet to accommodate roof top elevator and HV AC equipment. The approval at the June 23, 2016, meeting included the following conditions:
1. Any limits on parking on Bonnie Brae Place during construction of the New Building approved by the Village shall be limited to hours of construction of the New Building. The Village shall allow parking on Bonnie Brae Place to the greatest extent possible before and after the hours of construction of the New Building, such as before 6:00 AM and after 5:00PM, and on weekends, when no construction shall occur.
2. Flaggers shall be used to direct trucks entering and exiting the construction zone.
3. Trucks shall exit the construction zone and travel to Harlem Avenue in a manner directed by the Village in consultation with the Petitioner if complaints are made regarding truck traffic.
4. The third, fourth, and fifth floors of the New Building shall be kept in a secure and safe condition, as directed by the Village, until such time as each of those floors are completed with all finishes, fixtures, and appliances and receive a certificate of occupancy from the Village.
5. Petitioner shall comply with the landscaping requirements of Section 10-24 of the Zoning Ordinance.
The public is welcome to attend the July 12, 2016, Village Board meeting and will be provided an opportunity to address the Village Board regarding the proposed project. A copy of the application and of the Development Review Board Findings of Fact can be found on the Village website at: www.vrf.us. Any questions regarding Application #16-01 or the planned development process can be directed to:
Assistant Village Administrator
If you cannot attend the Village Board meeting but would like to provide comments to the Village Board, you may submit comments in writing, via letter or email, no later than Wednesday, July 6, 2016.
Concordia University Chicago
Assistant Vice President, Administration
Concordia University Chicago