Village of Western Springs General Government Committee met Feb. 10.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
Present Chair Tyn-ell, Member Chen, Village President Gallagher, Village Manager Velkme, Directors Baer, Briedis and Supert, Asst. Director Biernacki, Analyst Chavez, Village Attorney Jumsik, and Village Attorney Leka
Chair Tyrrell called the General Government Committee meeting to order at 6:15 p.m.
1. Public Comment
There were no public comments.
2. Approval of Minutes
Chair Tyrrell moved, seconded by Committee Member Chen, to approve the minutes of January 3, 2020 as read.
3. Resolution Authorizing The Use Of Village Funds And Authorizing The
Approval And Execution Of The Local Public Agency Agreement For Federal Participation To Be Entered Into Between The Village Of Western Springs And The Illinois Department Of Transportation Related To The West Underpass Project
Assistant Director Biernacki explained that the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) requires all municipalities utilizing federal funding to approve a Local Agency Agreement (BLR 05310) and accompanying resolution prior to bid letting. Surface Transportation Program (STP) Federal funding is being used to pay for 75% of the west underpass construction costs. Mr. Biemacki presented a draft agreement and resolution which state that the Village will fund the remaining 25% of the project. Grant funding from Metra, Invest in Cook and the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) will be used to pay for the remaining 25%. With the committee's consensus, the resolution and agreement will be presented this evening to the Board with a recommendation to approve on February 24, 2020.
4. Resolution to Celebrate the 100 Anniversary of the League of Women
Village Manager Velkme presented a draft resolution which she received from former Village Clerk Jeanine Jasica who has been an active member of the League of Women voters for over fifty years. The resolution is in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the
league of Women Voters. The committee fully supports this resolution and planned to recommend Board approval later this evening during the special meeting portion of the combined workshop.
Director of Recreation Briedis presented a request for the committee to review an AIA contract between the Village of Western Springs and Construction Solutions Inc. for construction of the new SEASPAR facility at Grand Avenue. The Board approved a lease agreement with SEASPAR on January 27, 2020 and reviewed the proposed costs at this time. The Board also awarded a bid to lowest qualified responsive bidder, Construction Solutions ofAlsip, Illinois for the total project cost of $122,723 that same evening. In order to move forward with construction on Febmary 17, 2020, the AIA contract must also be Board approved. The committee agreed to present information on the AIA contract to the Board this evening to obtain a consensus vote on moving forward with this project. Attorney Jurusik is reviewing this contract language which appears to be in order. If a consensus is obtained this evening, the Board would then ratify the AIA contract approval at the Febmary 24, 2020 meeting.
6. Schedule Next Committee Meeting
The next committee meeting was scheduled for Thursday, March 12, 2020, at 6:15 p.m.
7. RECESS TO CLOSED MEETING for the Purpose of Discussion of
Collective Negotiating Matters Between The Village and Its Employees or Their Representatives, or Deliberations Concerning Salary Schedules for One or More Classes of Employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2))
The exception for the purpose of this closed meeting was changed to Collective Negotiating Matters between the Village and Its Employees or their Representatives, or Deliberations Concerning Salary Schedules for One Or More Classes of Employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)).
Chair Tyrrell moved, seconded by Member Chen, to recess to Closed Session For the Purpose of Discussing Collective Negotiating Matters Between the Village and its Employees or their Representatives, or Deliberations Concerning Salary Schedules for One or More Classes of Employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)) at 6:28 p.m. The motion passed on a roll call vote with Chair Tyrrell and Member Chen voting aye.
RECONVENING OF OPEN SESSION
The open session of the General Government Committee was reconvened at 6:28 p.m.
With no further business to discuss. Chair Tyrrell moved, seconded by Member Chen, to adjourn the meeting at 6:29 p.m.