City of Northlake Youth Commission met April 10
City of Northlake Youth Commission met April 10.
Here is the minutes provided by the commission:
CITY OF NORTHLAKE YOUTH COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES FROM APRIL 10, 2019
ATTENDANCE: Sheila Morgan, Sharon Budzon, John Morgan, Veronica Budzon, Mauricio Lopez
ABSENT: Rebecca Morgan
The minutes of the MARCH 18, 2019 meeting were read. A motion was made by John to accept the minutes with 2 corrections in the spelling of February. Mauricio seconded the motion. All were in favor.
1. Laser Tag - Sheila reported that when she first looked into this last fall the prices were cheaper. The cost now is $70 for a set of 4 vests, guns, masks, and glasses. Extra guns are 3/$40. We agreed that we may have to wait till this Christmas to see if they go on sale again so we can pick the supplies up at a lower cost. Then we could run the event in 2020.
2. EASTER "EGGS'TRAVAGANZA - 4/13/19 - This event runs from 11am to 12:30pm at Grant Park. We should arrive by 10am to set up. Sharon thinks it will be in the Glick Room this year instead of the gym. Veronica has made all the samples. Sharon will stop at Sam's Club to pick up refreshments.
3. KIDS' BINGO - 5/8/9-Mauricio will buy the prizes for this event. We do have some assorted prizes left plus some building block kits we could use too.
1. Kids' Patriotic Crafts - 6/12/19 - Meeting at 5:30pm - event 6pm - 8pm at the Sandy Vasquez Community Center.
2. Kids' Summer BINGO - 71/10/19 - We will run this event as planned since we did not purchase the Laser Tag equipment. Meeting at 5:30pm- event 6pm - 8pm at the Sandy Vasquez Community Center.
There was no other business discussed. Sharon moved for adjournment, seconded by Veronica. All were in favor. Youth Commission Chairperson, Sheila Morgan, adjourned the meeting at 6:45pm. NEXT MEETING: May 8, 2019 at 5:30pm prior to the BINGO event at the Sandy Vasquez Community Center