Village of Hillside President and Board of Trustees met April 24
Village of Hillside President and Board of Trustees met April 24.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
1. Meeting Called to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Town Hall Meeting
5. Approval or Correction of Minutes for Regular Meeting of March 27, 2017.
6, Village Clerk :
A. Consent Agenda
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Board member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered a part of the Board Member's committee business.
1. Illinois Department of Revenue: Sales tax returns for month of February, 2017, in the amount of $379,056. 54. Amount received for February, 2016, in the amount of S321, 224.99.
2. Illinois Department of Transportation: Motor Fuel Tax allotment for the month of March, 2017, in the amount of S14, 953.79.
3. Approval of gross payroll for periods March 18, through March 31, 2017, in the amount of $276,962.81, and April 1 through April 14, 2017, in the amount of S277, 534. 20.
4. Payment of bills for the month of April, 2017, in the amount of S596, 660. 16.
5. Com Ed: Utility tax for the month of January, 2017, in the amount of $39,520, 52.
6. NiCor Gas: Utility Tax for the month of February, 2017, in the amount of S16,020. 21.
7. Excise Tax for the month of February, 2017, in the amount of $24, 487. 65.
8. Code Enforcement Officer's Reports (March, 2017).
9. Police Department Report (March, 2017).
10. Fire Department Report (March, 2017).
11. E.M.A. Report (March, 2017).
12. Public Works Department Report (March, 2017).
13. Building Inspector's Report (March, 2017).
14. Social Services Report (March, 2017).
Motion to accept and approve Consent Agenda. (Roll call vote).
7. Department Head Operating Reports :
A. Treasurer/Director of Economic Development John Flood
B. Police Chief Joseph Lukaszek
C. Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz
D. Public Works and Building Services Director Joseph Pisano
8. Village Engineer's Report:
9. Village Administrator's Report :
10. Committee Reports :
A. Finance and Administration Committee: (Trustee Kramer)
1. Motion to approve Supplement 12 of Hillside, IL. Code of Ordinances by Municipal Code Corporation, P.O. Box 2235, Tallahassee, FL, at a cost of $1,335. 60.
B. Public Services Committee: (Trustee Andersen)
1. Motion to approve IDOT Local Public Agency Amendment #0l for Federal Participation on the Mannheim Road Project (Washington to Harrison Street), and authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute same.
2. Motion to approve IDOT Amendment to Preliminary Engineering Service Agreement for Federal Participation, Supplement 1, for Mannheim Road Project, and authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute SATTE
3. Motion to approve Pay Request 2 (FINAL) in the amount of $69,358. 10 from Orange Crush, LLC, 321 Center Street, Hillside, IL 60162 for completion of work performed in conjunction with the Hillside 2016 Road Reconstruction Project.
4. Motion to approve Pay Request 6 in the amount of $29, 141. 25 from Western Specialty Contractors Inc., 2658 W. Van Buren St. Chicago IL 60612 for work performed in conjunction with the facade and roof repairs associated with 431 Hillside Avenue.
5. Motion to approve Pay Request 7 (FINAL) in the amount of $42,121.04 from Western Specialty Contractors Inc., 2658 W. Van Buren St. , Chicago IL 60612 for completion of work performed in conjunction with the facade and roof repairs associated with 431 Hillside Avenue.
6. Motion to approve payment in the amount of $20,000.00 to 321 Center Street LLC, 321 Center Street, Hillside, IL 60162 to cover relocation costs of equipment and material as per terms of the easement agreement for the relocation of the storm sewer pipe on the Palumbo property. Payment 1 of 2.
C. Public Safety and Education Committee: (Trustee Watson)
1. Motion to approve the proposal from Global Emergency Products, 1401 N. Farnsworth Avenue, Aurora, IL 605 05, for the Fire Department to purchase one Pierce Enforcer Pumper at a cost of $619, 700.00, and authorizing Village Administrator to sign and execute same.
2. Motion to approve Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz to attend the IFCA 47th Annual Symposium, May 17-19, 2017, in East Peoria, at a total cost of S537.88.
3. Letter received from Mark Cichon, Medical Director, Loyola EMS System, commending Captain Joe Pellicori, Firefighter/EMT Dan Killian and Firefighter/Paramedics Russell Houston, Todd Kotarski and Ryan Wyckoff, for their excellent pre-hospital care provided to an unresponsive 58 year old male at Proviso High School on November 7, 2016.
4. Letter received from Mark Cichon, Medical Director, Loyola EMS System, commending Lieutenant Joe Partyka, Firefighter /EMT Dan Killian and Firefigher/Paramedics Ed Kwiatkowski, Patrick Lee and Todd Kotarski for their excellent pre-hospital care to a gunshot victim on February 4, 2017.
D. Zoning Committee: (Trustee Lomeli)
E. Technology Committee : (Trustee Delgado)
F. Community Services Committee: (Trustee Farries)
1. Report on Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and Easter Egg Hunt held on Saturday, April 15th, at the Hillside Commons.
2. Community Watch Meeting is Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room.
3. The 36th Annual Hillside Youth Athletic Parade is Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
4. Clean Up Week is May 15th to 19th on regular scheduled garbage day.
5. Project UFO to be held at the Hillside Commons, Saturday, May 20, 10-11:30 a.m. Free t-shirts and lunch for all participants.
11. Old Business:
12, New Business:
13. Village President:
A. Request a motion to approve Keith Miniscalco of Chicago; and Jacob Shiflett of Hillside, as members of Emergency Management Agency.
B. Proclamation: Municipal Clerks Week, May 7-13, 2017.
C. Proclamation: National Police Week, May 14-20, 2017.
A. Next Board-of-a-Whole Meeting to be held at 7:30 P.M. on Monday, May 8, 2017, in the Board Room of the Municipal Complex, 425 Hillside Avenue, Hillside, IL 60162.
15. Adjournment: __________P. M.