Village of Schiller Park Committee of the Whole met Dec. 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the committee:
I. CALL TO ORDER:
President Nick Caiafa called the meeting to order at 6:12 P.M.
II. ROLL CALL:
Upon a call of the roll by the Village Clerk, the following Elected Officials were: Present: President Nick Caiafa, Trustees: Moses Diaz (6:26 P.M.), Russell Klug, Joan Golembiewski, Tom Deegan, Terri Sheridan, and Village Clerk Rosa Jos Absent: Trustee Robert Lima President Caiafa declared a quorum present. Also present: Corporate Counsel Joe Montana, Interim Village Manager Dave Strahl, and Janet Matthys
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. Trustee Golembiewski moved, seconded by Trustee Deegan that the MINUTES of the Committee of the Whole Meeting of November 21, 2019 be approved.
Upon roll call the following voted:
Aye: Trustees: Klug, Golembiewski, Deegan, and Sheridan
Absent: Trustees: Diaz, and Lima
President Caiafa declared the motion carried.
IV. PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD:
No one to be heard.
1. 2019 Property Tax Levy & Abatements - There was a discussion regarding the 2019 property tax levy and abatements that are scheduled to be approved at the December 19, 2019 Village Board meeting. Also discussed were additional funding requirements budgeted for fiscal year 2021, and the proposed 2019 tax levy general increase.
2. Fire Truck - Discussion regarding the Public Safety Committee recommendations for the purchase of a fire truck, as well as additional options on this matter.
3. International Fire Code Update - Discussion regarding Fire Department recommendations to amend and revise the International Fire Code 2015.
4. Tollway Update - Mayor Caiafa stated that discussions with tollway representatives regarding the Lawrence Ave. and Irving Park Rd. viaducts are still ongoing
5. IDOT Sidewalk at Foster - Mayor Caiafa stated that IDOT has future plans to repair a sidewalk on River Rd; for a small fee to the Village they will extend that sidewalk up to Foster Ave.
6. Development Update - Mayor Caiafa stated that development on River Rd. and Lawrence Ave. property is on hold. 7. Financial Matters - Discussion regarding the following:
a. Nonprofit organizations, and the use of raffle licensing. b. Options on how to move forward with MCD matters.
C. The application of a Village wide comp-time policy.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
There was no Executive Session.
With no further business to conduct, it was moved by Trustee Golembiewski, seconded by Trustee Diaz, that the Committee of the Whole Meeting be adjourned.
Upon roll call the following voted: Aye: Trustees: Diaz, Klug, Golembiewski, Deegan, and Sheridan Absent: Trustee Lima Nay: None President Caiafa declared the motion carried and this Committee of the Whole Meeting was adjourned at 6:57 P.M.