Village of Schiller Park Fire & Police Commission met March 19
Village of Schiller Park Fire & Police Commission met March 19.
Here is the minutes provided by the commission:
I. CALL TO ORDERIROLL CALL:
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Rawski at 7:30PM
Upon call of the roll, the following were:
Present: Commissioner Bauer, Commissioner Fritz, and Chairman Rawski
Others Present: Secretary Botti, Chief Chiodo and Director Fragakis
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: All present.
III. REVIEW AND VOTE TO ADOPT THE MINUTES OF THE
Motion by Commissioner Bauer to adopt the minutes of the last meeting and second by Commissioner Fritz.
Upon call ofthe roll, the following voted:
Yes: Commissioner Bauer, Commissioner Fritz, and
The Chairman declared the motion carried
IV. REVIEW CORRESPONDENCE AND BILLS:
• Xfinity re: Secretary's internet bill;
• C.O.P.S. Personnel Testing Service re: Agility test;
• Leyden High School re: Maintenance fee for agility test;
• IPMA-HR re: Promotional testing;
• Mantra Restaurant re: Secretary took out helper for lunch.
• Correspondence - Personnel
V. DISCUSS STATUS OF OPEN POSITIONS FOR BOTH FIRE AND POLICE DEPARTMENTS:
• Police Department: is at full complement
• Fire Department: has one (1) opening, but it may not be filled this fiscal year, as the Village Board may not approve the hiring in their new budget.
VI. STATUS OF NEW POLICE LIST (Original Appointment):
Police Testing Schedule
• Final statistics on applications:
o 113 purchased, 79 returned and 75 eligible to take the test;
o 63 candidates showed for the orientation & written examination;
o 1 7 candidates passed written examination;
o 13 candidates passed the agility;
o 12 candidates showed for oral exams
o 12 candidates on the Final list.
• Final Eligibility list is completed and will be posted on May 1,2019
VII. OTHER BUSINESS:
VIII. PUBLIC COMMENT:
• No Comment
IX. NEXT REGULAR MEETING NOTICE:
• The Commission cancelled the regular scheduled meeting on April 16, 2019 and rescheduled it for April 9, 2019, at 7:30 pm.
The Commission will be administrating promotional oral tests for both Police and Fire Lieutenant after the meeting.
Motion made by Commissioner Fritz and second by Commissioner Bauer to adjourn.
Upon a call ofthe roll, the following voted:
Yes: Commissioner Bauer, Commissioner Fritz, and Chairman Rawski
The Chairman declared the motion carried; meeting adjourned at 8 PM.