Village of Maywood Board of Trustees met October 17.
Village of Maywood Board of Trustees met October 17.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
5. Approval of minutes for Village Board Meeting of the Board of Trustees Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
6. Oaths, Reports, Proclamations, Announcements and Appointments
A. Mayor's Report and Theme: "A Shift Is Coming, Things Are Changing In Our Favor, When The People Get A Mind To Work"
1) Discussion pursuant to status report of Bushwood property and Memorandum dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. regarding the 415 Roosevelt Road Tax Deed proceedings.
2) Update of properties located at 30 Madison Street and 2120 South 5h Avenue in the Village of Maywood - No attachment(s).
3) Insurance presentation by Mr. Vaughn - No attachment(s)
4) Update on the property located at 902 South 3rd Avenue
B. Manager's Report:
1) Maywood Fire Chief, Craig Bronaugh acknowledgement of firefighter Enrique Baez for both his bravery and compassion in responding to fire at 1835 So. 20th Avenue.
2) Discussion regarding Madison TIF Capital Improvements by Bill Peterhansen at Hancock Engineering pursuant to the preparation of preliminary estimates of costs for the capital infrastructure needs within the Madison Street TIF.
3) Discussion of the Grant Administrator Position
4) Discussion regarding National Cycle proposal for the expansion of the facility located at 2200 South Maywood Drive, and the tax reactivation purchase of a Village-owned parcel, PIN 15151020130000 at approximately 900 South 22nd, and subdivision and purchase of a portion of a second adjacent parcel, PIN 15151020150000 at approximately 900 South 21st Avenue.
C. Village Attorney's Report: None
7. Finance Management Report(s):
A. Approval of Village of Maywood Warrant List No. 200439 through October 11, 2017 in the amount of $734,035.65.
B. Discussion of Village of Maywood Open Invoices Report as of October 11, 2017 in the total amount of $2,410,253.31.
C. Village of Maywood Detailed Revenue and Expense Report for four (4) Periods Ending August 31, 2017.
D. Village of Maywood Bank Balance Financial Report for Period Ending August 31, 2017.
8. Omnibus Agenda Items:
A. Approval of payment to Accu-Tron Computer Service for computer consulting services for the month of October 2017 in the amount of $6,300.00.
B. Approval of payment to Amalgamated Bank of Chicago pursuant to the Village of Melrose Park Series 1998A Bond due for November 2017 in the amount of $16,416.41.
C. Approval of payment to Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP for services in connections with the April 30, 2017 Financial Statement Audit in the amount of $27,077.00.
D. Approval of payment to EmergiTech for the Quarterly Maintenance and Support Agreement for the Village of Maywood Police Department in the amount of $15,074.34.
E. Approval of payment to Unique Plumbing Company for progress billing on contract $49,312.50 for special order non-refundable materials in the amount of $19,000.00.
F. Resolution Requesting Reclassification Of 17th Avenue And 19th Avenue In The Village Of Maywood, Illinois By The North Central Council Of Mayors with a cover memo dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
G. Resolution Approving The Settlement Agreement And General Release And Authorizing The Payment Of Settlement Funds In The Jones V. Maywood, Et Al. Litigation (Settlement Amount: $38,000) with a copy of the Settlement Agreement attached to the Resolution as Exhibit “A”), with a cover memo dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
H. Resolution Approving The Agreement Between The Village Of Maywood And The Engineering Services For The Madison Street Local Agency Functional Overlay Improvement Project And For The Appropriation And Expenditure Of Madison Street / 5th Avenue Tax Increment Financing District Funds, To Pay For The Preliminary And Design Engineering Services And Construction Engineering Services Related To The Project (Project: Roadway Improvements including replacement of intermittent concrete curb and gutter, and sidewalk, installation of ADA compliant sidewalk ramps, intermittent full depth pavement patching, repair/replacement of utility structures and drainage pipes where needed, removal of existing hot-mix asphalt surface, installation of hot-mix asphalt leveling binder and surface courses, thermoplastic pavement markings, landscaping restoration and other ancillary work on Madison Street, from 1st Avenue to the Des Plaines River Bridge) with the “Agreement Between The Village Of Maywood And The Edwin Hancock Engineering Company For Furnishing Of Professional Engineering Services For The Madison Street Improvements Project In Maywood, Illinois” attached as Exhibit “A” to the Resolution and a cover memo dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
I. Approval of payment to Imperial Realty Company for refund overpayment of water account in the amount of $16,303.22.
9. New Business:
A. Ordinance Amending Chapter 36 (Finance And Taxation), Title III (Administrative) Of The Maywood Village Code Regarding Conference Attendance with a cover memo dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
B. Village of Maywood Travel Policy (updated to match the amendments in the above Code Amendment Ordinance regarding limitation on attendance at in-state / out-of-state conferences) with a cover memo dated October 11, 2017 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
10. Old Business:
11. Public Comments:
12. Closed Meeting Session
A. Purchase or lease of real property for use by the Village (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5)).
B. Setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the Village (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6)).
C. Pending Litigation (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)).
cc: Mayor Edwenna Perkins
Henderson Yarbrough, Sr.
Melvin L. Lightford
Village Clerk Viola Mims
Village Manager Willie Norfleet, Jr.