Cook County Forest Preserves Litigation Committee to review invoices
The Forest Preserves of Cook County Litigation Committee will review and consider approving invoices for legal services at its next meeting 2 p.m. today.
A subcommittee of the Forest Preserves' full board of commissions, the Litigation Committee deals with all legal matters related to the preserves.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the committee.
Forest Preserve District of Cook County Board of Commissioners
Finance Subcommittee on Litigation
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:00 PM Cook County Building, Board Room, Rm 569
118 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois
NOTICE AND AGENDA
There will be a meeting of the Committee or Subcommittee of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County Board of Commissioners at the date, time and location listed above to consider the following:
Authorization as a public speaker shall only be granted to those individuals who have submitted in writing, their name, address, subject matter, and organization (if any) to the Secretary 24 hours in advance of the meeting. Duly authorized public speakers shall be called upon to deliver testimony at a time specified in the meeting agenda. Authorized public speakers who are not present during the specified time for public testimony will forfeit their allotted time to speak at the meeting. Public testimony must be germane to a specific item(s) on the meeting agenda, and the testimony must not exceed three minutes; the Secretary will keep track of the time and advise when the time for public testimony has expired. Persons authorized to provide public testimony shall not use vulgar, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate language when addressing the Board; failure to act appropriately; failure to speak to an item that is germane to the meeting, or failure to adhere to the time requirements may result in expulsion from the meeting and/or disqualify the person from providing future testimony.
16-0325 COMMITTEE MINUTES Approval of the minutes from the meeting of 6/7/2016
Liberty Mutual Insurance a/s/o Kenya Perkins v. Forest Preserve District of Cook County
1. Invoices submitted for legal services June 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016 by Brothers & Thompson, PC for various labor related matters.
2. Invoices submitted for legal services, May 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016 by Holland & Knight for the acquisition of a promissory note and litigation.
3. Invoices submitted for legal services, May 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016 by Jackson Lewis PC for labor related matters.
4. Invoices submitted for legal services April 1, 2016 through April 30, 2016 by Neal & Leroy for various real estate matters.
* NOTE: THIS SUBCOMMITTEE ROUTINELY MEETS IN EXECUTIVE SESSION.
Matthew B. DeLeon Secretary
Chairman: Silvestri Vice-Chairman: Fritchey Members: Boykin, Gainer, Schneider, Suffredin, Tobolski