Village of Schiller Park President and Board of Trustees met April 18
Village of Schiller Park President and Board of Trustees met April 18.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
IV. SWEARING IN/PRESENTATION
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Regular Board Meeting of April 4, 2019
VI. PERSONS WISHING TO BE HEARD
VII. CONSENT AGENDA FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
A. Acknowledgement of receipt, and authorization to place on file the following:
1. Reports From:
i) Community Development
v) Public Works
2. Letters From:
i) The American Legion - Community Center Request for 2019-2020
VIII. DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS:
1. Village Manager’s Report
2. Village Engineer’s Report
3. Department Heads’ Report
4. Elected Officials’ Comments
IX. COMMITTEE REPORTS FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
A. PUBLIC WORKS (Streets, Water, Storm Water, Engineering, Fleet/Building Maintenance) Chr. Diaz, Klug, Golembiewski
1. Motion to approve a proposal from Safe Step, LLC, for sidewalk saw cut services to remove potential walking hazards in an amount of $36.25 per foot inch (Total Contract Estimated at $28,000) and authorize the Village Manager to sign.
2. Motion to approve an agreement with Tru Green for sidewalk, median, and alley weed control services at various locations in the amount of $14,868.00 and authorize Village Manager to sign.
3. Motion to approve A. Lamp Concrete Contractors Inc. as the lowest responsive and responsible bidder to be construction contractor on the 2018 Street Improvement Project per engineering specifications in the project bid amount of $968,819.60.
4. A Resolution for Improvement Under the Illinois Highway Code in the amount of $900,000 to pay for a portion of the cost of the 2018 Street Improvement Program, MFT Section 19-00084-00-RS.
5. An Ordinance of the Village Of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois Authorizing And Approving A Right-Of-Entry Agreement With The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority.
B. RECREATION (Parks, Special Events, Senior Services, Library, and Historical Commission) Chr. Klug, Lima, Golembiewski
1. Current report.
C. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (Planning, Zoning, Health, Building, Environment, and Transportation) Chr. Golembiewski, Gorzynski, Lima
1. An Ordinance of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois, Amending Title XV, Chapter 150, by Creating Sections 150.240 Through 150.258 Titled “Registration of Defaulted Mortgage and Vacant Property” and Repealing Title XV, Chapter 150, Sections 150.190 through Section 150.197 inclusive of the New Millennium Code of the Village of Schiller Park regarding creating a Defaulted Mortgage and Vacant Property Registration Program.
2. An to Authorize an Agreement with Property Registration Champions, LLC to Manage a Defaulted Mortgage and Vacant Property Registration Program, and to authorize the Village Manager to sign.
3. An Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Distribution Facility Use Within The I-1 Industrial District of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois (ZPA 19-C-05: 9611 Winona Avenue)
4. An Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use for a Distribution Facility Use Within the I-1 Industrial District of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois (ZPA 19-C-06: 3745 N. 25th Avenue).
5. An Ordinance of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois, Amending Chapter Seventy-One of Title Seven of the New Millennium Code of the Village of Schiller Park Regarding Parking Lots.
6. Motion to Approve an Agreement with Verizon Wireless to Authorize Attachment of Small Cell Facilities on Village Assets and to Authorize the Village Manager to Execute the Same.
D. PUBLIC SAFETY (Police, Fire, Emergency Management, 911, and EMS) Chr. Deegan, Diaz, Gorzynski
1. Current report.
E. ADMINISTRATION/FINANCE (Human Resources, Insurance, Bills, Legal) Chr. Lima, Diaz, Deegan
1. Motion to approve the current List of Bills in the amount of $301,136.02
This includes the following non-recurring invoices:
a. American Legal Publishing Corporation – 2019-S30 Supplemental Pages, Code of Ordinance CD-ROM 530
b. Atlas Outfitters – Fire Department Rescue Boat
c. CDS Office Technologies – MDT’s and Docking Stations for 3 Squad Cars
d. Franklin Park Plumbing – Water Main Break at Montrose & River and Willow & Byron, Repair Floor Drain in Water Garage
e. GEXPRO – 5 New Decorative Light Poles
f. H & H Electric Co. – Street Light Maintenance
g. Hancock Engineering – 2018 Street Program Improvement
h. Janet M. Matthys – 3/1/2019 – 3/29/2019 Accounting Services
i. R.W. Dunteman Co. – Resurfacing of Berteau Ave
j. Third Millennium Associates Inc – Green Pay Annual Server and Maintenance Fee
2. Motion to Approve an Audit Engagement Letter from GW & Associates, PC for the year ended April 30, 2019.
3. Motion to approve extensions of an employee leasing agreement with GOVTEMPSUS up to July 19, 2019, and further authorize the village president to provide the written notices for such periods of time determined necessary to effectuate same.
4. An Ordinance of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois Adopting the Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
F. LICENSE (Business, Liquor, Ordinances, Utilities, and General Permits) Chr. Gorzynski, Klug, Deegan
1. An Ordinance of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois, Amending Sections 154.001 and 154.022 of Chapter 154 of Title Fifteen of the New Millennium Code of the Village of Schiller Park Regarding Billboards.
2. An Ordinance Amending Chapter 119 of Title Eleven of the New Millennium Code of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois Regarding the Denial, Suspension, and Revocation of Business Licenses and Penalties.
X. REPORT OF THE MAYOR FOR CONSIDERATION AND ACTION:
A. Proclamations: None
B. Appointments: None
C. Other matters: None
XI. OTHER BUSINESS
XII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
A. Purchase or Lease of Real Property, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5)
B. Setting of a Price for the Sale or Lease of Property, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6)
C. Pending Litigation, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)
D. Probable or Imminent Litigation, 5 ILC 120/2(c)(11)
E. Salary Schedules for one or More Classes of Employees 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2) F. Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance or Dismissal of Certain Employees 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)
G. Collective Bargaining Negotiations Matters 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
H. Discussion of Minutes of Meetings Closed under the Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21)
I. Security Procedures, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(8)