CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE: ComEd Crews Have Restored Service to 63% of Countryside Outage
City of Countryside issued the following announcement on Nov. 27.
As of 3:32 p.m. ComEd crews have restored service to 63% of Countryside customers experiencing an outage due to the storm. There are still 7 outages affecting 114 customers. ComEd has several crews assigned and enroute to fix the issues for the remaining customers. ComEd has a new service which allows you to report outages and get updates via your mobile phone. See below.
NEW: Receive Outage Alerts on Your Mobile Phone
ComEd has instituted a two-way text messaging capability that allows customers to text their outage to ComEd and enables ComEd to text restoration information back to customers.
• Allow customers to text the company to report an outage,
• Offer real-time information on outages, and
• Allow customers to text ComEd to opt into the program.
• To report an outage, customers can text OUT to 26633 (COMED)
• Sign up for outage alerts at: https://secure.comed.com/…/CheckOut…/Pages/EnrollOutage.aspx
Original source can be found here.