Village of Hillside Village Board of Trustees met November 26..
Village of Hillside Village Board of Trustees met Nov. 26.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. TOWN HALL MEETING
5. APPROVAL OR CORRECTION OF MINUTES for Regular Meeting of October 22, 2018.
A. Reminder: December Board of a Whole Meeting will be December 10, and the Regular Board Meeting will be December 17, 2018.
B. CONSENT AGENDA
All items on the consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Board member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the consent Agenda and considered a part of the Board Member's committee business.
1. Illinois Department of Revenue: Sales tax returns for month of September, 2018, in the amount of $404,996.94. Amount received for September, 2017, in the amount of $370,027.39.
2. Illinois Department of Transportation: Motor Fuel Tax allotment for the month of October, 2018, in the amount of $19,542.39.
3. Approval of gross payroll for periods October 13 through October 26, 2018, in the amount of $297, 499.98; October 27, through November 9, 2018, in the amount of $484,692.44; and November 10 through November 23, 2018, in the amount of $286, 424.96.
4. Payment of bills for the month of November, 2018, in the amount of $960,296.38 R.
5. Com Ed: Utility tax for the month of August, 2018, in the amount of $39,393.95.
6. NiCor Gas: Utility Tax for the month of September, 2018, in the amount of $4,156.81.
7. Excise Tax for the month of September, 2018, in the amount of $21,487.94.
8. Code Enforcement Officer's Reports (October, 2018).
9. Police Department Report (October, 2018).
10. Fire Department Report (October, 2018).
11. E.M.A. Report (October, 2018).
12. Public Works Department Report (October, 2018).
13. Building Inspector's Report (October, 2018).
14. Social Services Report (October, 2018).
Motion to accept and approve Consent Agenda. (Roll call vote).
7. DEPARTMENT HEAD OPERATING REPORTS:
A. Treasurer/Director of Economic Development John Flood
B. Police Chief Joseph Lukaszek
c. Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz
D. Public Works and Building Services Director Joseph Pisano
8. VILLAGE ENGINEER'S REPORT ;
9. VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS :
A. Finance and Administration Committee:
1. Motion to approve membership dues for Illinois Municipal League membership, beginning January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2020, for the amount of $925.00.
2. Tax Levy Ordinance 18-19 will be passed in December.
B. Public Services Committee;
1. Motion to approve payment of Pay Application 1 in the amount of $269,842.05 to Waukegan Roofing Company Inc., 252 Chaddick Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090, for work performed on the Hillside Fire Station Roofing Project.
2. Motion to approve contract with Waukegan Roofing, 252 Chaddick Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090, to provide bi-annual roof maintenance and inspections of the Hillside Fire Station, at a cost of $650.00 per inspection, and authorizing Village Administrator to sign and execute same.
3. Motion to approve final payment in the amount of $ 13,609.80 to Insituform Technologies USA, LLC, P.O. Box 674060, Dallas, TX, for work performed on the Buckthorn Sanitary Sewer Lining Project. This payment releases the remaining retainage on the project.
4. Motion to approve purchase of 2019 Ford F-450 Super Cab 4 x 4 with g' stainless steel dump bed, hydraulic system, and 8 ' Western Pro snow plow in the amount of $61,761.50 from Roesch Ford, 303 W. Grand Avenue, Bensenville, IL 60106. The vehicle replaces the 2009 Ford F-250 which was incorporated into the Inspection Services Department and was budgeted in the Equipment Replacement Fund.
5. Motion to approve Pay Application 3 in the amount of $20,011.50 to A-One Group Ltd., 1540 Jarvis Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, for work performed on the Village Hall Façade Repair Project.
c. Public Safety and Education Committee:
1. Community Awareness Meeting is Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room.
D. Zoning Committee:
E. Technology Committee:
F. Community Services Committee:
1. Santa's arrival and tree lighting is Thursday, December 6th, at 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visit with Santa and face painting in the Boardroom.
11. OLD BUSINESS :
12. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Finance and Administration Committee:
1. Motion to approve Ordinance 18-20, providing for the issuance of not to exceed $25,000,000 Tax Increment Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2018, and authorizing Mayor and clerk to sign and execute same.
2. Motion to approve Resolution 18-08, Adopting Continuing Disclosure Compliance Procedures for Outstanding Loans and Bonds, and authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute same.
13. VILLAGE PRESIDENT :
A. Entertain a motion to appoint Anthony Padgett to the Human Relations Commission, with term expiring April 30, 2019.
B. Proclamation: National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month - December, 2018.
A. Next Board-of-a-Whole Meeting to be held at 7:30 P.M. on Monday, December 10, 2018, in the Boardroom of the Municipal Complex, 425 Hillside Avenue, Hillside, IL, 60162
15. ADJOURNMENT :