Village of Hillside Board of Trustees will meet September 24.
Village of Hillside Board of Trustees will meet Sept. 24.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. TOWN HALL MEETING
5. APPROVAL OR CORRECTION OF MINUTES for Regular Meeting of August 27, 2018.
6. VILLAGE CLERK :
A. Reminder: Mail-in Ballot Applications for the November 6, 2018 Election are now available at the Village Hall or online at the Cook County Clerk's website at tyclerk.com. Completed forms must be received at the County Clerk's Office by Thursday, November 1, 2018.
B. Reminder: Early voting is October 22-November 5, 2018, Nearest polling places are the villages of Bellwood, 3200 Washington, or Melrose Park, 1000 N. 25th Avenue. Additional information is available on the Cook County Clerk's website.
All items on the consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Board member so requests, in which event, the item will be removed from the consent Agenda and considered a part of the Board Member's committee business,
1. Illinois Department of Revenue: Sales tax returns for month of July, 2018, in the amount of $446,580.06. Amount received for July, 2017, in the amount of $419,930.05.
2. Illinois Department of Transportation: Motor Fuel Tax allotment for the month of August, 2018, in the amount of $17,830.96.
3. Approval of gross payroll for periods August 18, through August 31, 2018, in the amount of $301,834.52, and September 1 through September 14, 2018, in the amount of $296,983.34,
4. Payment of bills for the month of September, 2017, in the amount of $842,941.87,
5. Com Ed: Utility tax for the month of June, 2018, in the amount of $36,293.64.
6. Nicor Gas: Utility Tax for the month of July, 2018, in the amount of $4,817.70.
7. Excise Tax for the month of July, 2018, in the amount of $21,020.89.
8. Code Enforcement Officer's Reports (August, 2018).
9. Police Department Report (August, 2018).
10. Fire Department Report (August, 2018).
11. E.M.A. Report (August, 2018).
12. Public Works Department Report (August, 2018).
13. Building Inspector's Report (July and August, 2018).
14. Social Services Report (August, 2018).
Motion to accept and approve Consent Agenda. (Roll call vote).
7. DEPARTMENT HEAD OPERATING REPORTS:
A. Treasurer/Director of Economic Development John Flood
B. Police Chief Joseph Lukaszek
c. Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz
D. Public Works and Building Services Director Joseph Pisano
8. VILLAGE ENGINEER'S REPORT:
9. VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Finance and Administration Committee: (Trustee Kramer)
B. Public Services Committee: (Trustee Walter)
1. Motion to approve 2018 Water Main Project to lowest bidder, and authorizing Administrator to sign and executę same.
2. Motion to approve an agreement with Waukegan Roofing, Gladstone Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085, to provide a biannual roofing inspection of the Public Works facilities at 41511 May Street, at a cost of $2,960.00, and authorize the Village Administrator to sign and execute same.
C. Public Safety and Education Committee: (Trustee Watson)
1. Motion to approve payment of Pay Application 1 in the amount of $57,465.00 to A-One Group, LTD., 1540 Jarvis Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 for work performed on the Village Hall and Police Station façade repairs.
2. Motion to approve payments to J.P.'s Landscaping Inc., P.O. Box 637, Hillside, IL 60162 in the amounts of $17,240.00 to repair sod around Commons blacktop where curbing was removed and add topsoil and seed 23,000 square feet of disturbed earth from the old playground equipment, concrete and landscape removal and $12,885.00 to remove 8" of spoil, add limestone base, barrier fabric and crushed ruby granite stone to construct new walkway into Commons Park, This work was accounted for in the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year Budget.
3. Motion to approve Fire Chief Pilz to attend "Leadership & Management of Surface Transportation Incidents" in Pueblo, Colorado, October 30-November 3, 2018, at a total cost of $175.00.
4. Community Awareness Meeting is Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room.
5. COPS programs across the nation are hosting "Coffee with a Cop" on Wednesday, October 3 2018. Hillside will be participating this year. Coffee, soft drinks, and deserts will be provided. Event will be held in the Police Department, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
6. Proviso West is hosting their homecoming on Saturday, September 29, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Route details are in the attachment.
D. Zoning Committee: (Trustee Lomeli)
1. The Zoning Board will conduct a Public Hearing at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 2, 2018, in the Board Room of the Hillside Municipal Complex, 425 Hillside Avenue, Hillside, IL, to consider a petition submitted by Karnak Construction & Development LLC, 47 W. Polk Street, Suite 230, Chicago, Illinois, 60605 on the consideration for a Variation in R-2 Zoning District, for a side yard set-back from the required 5 feet to less than 3 feet at 34 Oak Ridge Avenue, Hillside, IL.
E. Technology Committee: (Trustee Delgado)
F. Community Services Committee: (Trustee Farries)
Krispy Kreme will be celebrating their opening day in the Hillside Town Center on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
11. OLD BUSINESS :
12. NEW BUSINESS :
A. Public Safety and Education Committee: (Trustee Watson)
1. Motion to approve Ordinance 18-16, Parking Restrictions During Snow Removal, and authorizing Mayor and clerk to sign and execute same.
13. VILLAGE PRESIDENT :
14. ANNOUNCEMENTS :
A. Next Board-of-a-Whole Meeting to be held at 7:30 P.M. on Monday, October 8, 2018, in the Board Room of the Municipal Complex, 425 Hillside Avenue, Hillside, IL, 60162.