Village of Maywood Village Board of Trustees met February 6.
Village of Maywood Village Board of Trustees met February 6.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call To Order
2. Roll Call
4. Pledge Of Allegiance To The Flag
5. Approval Of Minutes For Village Board Meeting Of The Board Of
Trustees Held On Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
6. Oaths, Reports, Proclamations, Announcements And Appointments:
A. Finance Management Report(s):
1) Approval of Village of Maywood Warrant List No. 220445 through February 1, 2018 in the amount of $1,057,251.61.
B. Mayor's Theme and Agenda Items: "A Shift Is Coming, Things Are Changing In Our Favor, When The People Get A Mind To Work"
1) Discussion and consideration regarding reactivation of a Village Board Finance Committee -
2) Request update on signs located on Lake Street from 1st Avenue to 9th Avenue in the Village of Maywood.
3) Request update on the Old Baptist Retirement Home.
4) Request update on EGI.
5) Request update on the project located at 902 South 3rd Avenue in the Village of Maywood.
6) Discussion regarding acquiring Part-time Police Officers
C. Village Manager's Agenda Items:
1) Presentation of Commendation by Maywood Fire Chief Craig Bronaugh pursuant to Firefighters Special Duty Run on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
2) Discussion and approval of Repayment Agreement entered into between the Village of Maywood ("Grantee") and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity ("Grantor") to establish a plan for payment of $41,474.00 in accordance with the terms of Grant No. 10-071107.
3) Discussion of the facade repairs for the Multipurpose Building located at 200 S. 5th Avenue.
4) Approval of a payment and the selection of Infinity Signs for the installation of a monument sign to be at 40 Madison Street in the amount of ($32,875.00) and at 125 S. 5th Avenue in the amount of($19,875.00) total amount for both signs are in the amount of ($52,750.00).
D. Village Attorney Agenda Items: None
7. Omnibus Agenda Items:
A. Approval of payment to Allied Waste Service for garbage pick-up services for the Village of Maywood for the month of December 2017 in the amount of $141,750.00.
B. Approval of payment to Blue Cross Blue Shield for Health Insurance Premiums for the month of February 2018 in the amount of $284,188.54.
C. Approval of payment to Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP for services in connections with the April 30, 2017 Financial Statement Audit in the amount of $25,542.00.
D. Approval of payment to Fleet Services for Retail Fuel Purchases for the Village of Maywood in the amount of $13,934.68.
E. Approval of payment to Hackie Cement Corporation for sewer collapse repairs and street removal and replacements for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $49,980.00.
F. Approval of payment to Illinois Council of Police and Sheriffs for Health and Dental Insurance Premiums for the month of February 2018 in the amount of $86,646.03.
G. Approval of payment to Konica Minolta Business Solutions for semi-annual invoice for Maintenance Agreement covering the billing period of 07/01/17 to 12/31/17 which includes labor, parts, drums, staples and supplies - exclude paper in the amount of $7,558.19.
H. Approval of payment to Maywood Public Library District reflecting payments due for the months of October 2016, December 2016, January 2017, March 2017, April 2017, and May 2017 in the amount of $48,172.75. The amounts are for the Library's share of personal property replacement taxes.
I. Approval of payment to Morton Salt for bulk salt purchase for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $17,318.56.
J. Approval of payment to Pitney Bowes Purchase Power for postage replenishment pursuant to invoice dated January 8, 2018 in the amount of $7,268.91.
K. Approval of payment to Unique Plumbing Company for the Village of Maywood Com Ed 1st Avenue Meter RPZ for Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $30,312.50.
L. Approval of payment to Unique Plumbing Company for the 1st Avenue and Main Street - Water Main Break for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $12,209.94.
M. Approval of payment to United Septic Inc. for Vector Truck to clean out various sewers and inspection of sanitary lines for the Village in the amount of $6,000.00.
N. Approval of payment to Winkler's Tree Service for tree removals/trimming for the Village of Maywood Public Works Department in the amount of $42,284.56.
O. Approval of payment to EmergiTech for the Quarterly ETI Maintenance Agreement and Support Agreement for the Village of Maywood Police Department in the amount of $14,706.66.
P. Approval of payment to Copenhaver Construction for project that consists of the installation of a sanitary sewer along the north 500 Block of First Avenue in the Village of Maywood in the amount of $13,580.69. The work represented on this pay estimate includes landscape restoration which was performed on October 9, 2017.
8. New Business Agenda Items:
A. Discussion and approval of Tax Reactivation Purchase and Redevelopment of the Village Owned Properties (National Cycle Inc.) located at 2200 South Maywood Drive, Maywood, IL 60153.
B. Discussion and approval of Enterprise Zone Intergovernmental Agreement for Cost Sharing and Start-up Activities supporting the formation of the West Regional Enterprise Zone Collaborative (WREZ).
C. Ordinance Amending Certain Sections Of The Maywood Village Code To Separate The Positions Of Assistant Village Manager And Director Of Community Development, with a cover memo dated January 31, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
D. Discussion to Waive the Liquor Control Commission Review application pursuant to Section 117.23 (Div. 2-24) to approve a Class C (Special Event Non-Municipal) for St. Eulalia Church Mardi Gras Event on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
E. A Statement for Legal Services for December 2017 Pertaining to General Matters, in the amount of $10,239.50, with a cover memo dated January 31, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
F. A Statement for Legal Services for December 2017 Pertaining to 911 Dispatch Consolidation, Economic Redevelopment Matters, Employment and Labor Matters, and Litigation Matters, in the total amount of $28,338.15, with a cover memo dated January 31, 2018 from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd.
9. Old Business Agenda Items: None
10. For Information Only: None
11. Public Comments:
12. Closed Meeting Session:
A. Pending Litigation, pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11))
B. Collective negotiating matters between the Village and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)):
C. The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the Village (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6)).