Village of Schiller Park Village President and Board of Trustees met October 5.
Village of Schiller Park Village President and Board of Trustees met Oct. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
I. Call to Order
Ii. Pledge of Allegiance
Iii. Roll Call: President N. Caiafa
Trustee M. Diaz Trustee T. Deegan
Trustee R. Klug Trustee R. Lima
Trustee J. Golembiewski Trustee C. Gorzynski
Village Clerk R. Jos
Iv. Swearing In/Presentation
V. Approval of Minutes:
Regular Board Meeting of September 21, 2017
Vi. Persons Wishing to be Heard
Vii. Consent Agenda for Consideration And Action:
A. Acknowledgement of receipt, and authorization to place on file the following:
1. Report from Community Development for the month of July, 2017
2. Report from the Recreation Department for the month of August, 2017
3. Report from the Police Department for the month of August, 2017
4. Report from Finance Department –Budget to Actual, August, 2017
Viii. Discussion and Action Items:
1. MCD 9-1-1 Center - status, request feedback
2. Village Engineer’s Report
3. Village Manager’s Report
4. Department Heads’ Report
5. Elected Officials’ Comments
Ix. Committee Reports for Consideration and Action:
A. Public Works (Streets, Water, Storm Water, Engineering, Fleet/Building Maintenance) Chr. Diaz, Klug, Golembiewski
1. Motion to approve payment of $5,001.35 to HR Green for construction engineering services on the Delta Lift Station project.
B. RECREATION (Parks, Special Events, Senior Services, Library) Chr. Klug, Lima, Golembiewski
1. No report
C. Community Development (Planning, Zoning, Health, Building, Environment, and Transportation) Chr. Golembiewski, Gorzynski, Lima
1. No report.
D. Public Safety (Police, Fire, Emergency Management, 911, and EMS) Chr. Deegan, Diaz, Gorzynski
1. No report
E. Administration/Finance (Human Resources, Insurance, Bills, Legal) Chr. Lima, Diaz, Deegan
1. Motion to approve the current List of Bills in the amount of $672,962.31.
2. Motion to approve payment to Civic Plus for website management services in the amount of $5,568.16.
3. Motion to authorize the Village Manager to sign a one-year extension of the telephone services agreement with Call One, which expired 9/14/17, for the rates specified in the Suburban Purchasing Cooperative (SPC) Association Pricing document with the annual cost estimated to be $35,000.
F. License (Business, Liquor, Ordinances, Utilities, and General Permits) Chr. Gorzynski, Klug, Deegan
1. No report.
X. Report of the Mayor for Consideration and Action:
1. Auxiliary Police Officer – Rex Morioka
C. Other matters:
1. An Ordinance of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois, Amending Schedule 117.01 of Chapter 117 of Title Eleven of the New Millennium Code of the Village Of Schiller Park to Prohibit Smoking in the Village’s Parks.
2. An Ordinance Granting a Conditional Use to Operate a Car Wash Within the C-3 Highway Commercial District of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois (ZPA 17-C-04: 4802 River Road)
3. An Ordinance Granting a Variance to Reduce the Rear Yard Setback from 20 feet to 5 feet with a Minimum Landscape Buffer of 5 feet in the C-3 Highway Commercial District of the Village of Schiller Park, Cook County, Illinois (ZPA
17-V-04: 4802 N. River Road)
Xi. Other Business
Xii. Executive Session:
A. Purchase or Lease of Real Property, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(5),
B. Setting of a Price for the Sale or Lease of Property, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6)
C. Pending Litigation, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)
D. Probable or Imminent Litigation, 5 ILC 120/2(c)(11)
E. Salary Schedules for one or More Classes of Employees 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
F. Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance or Dismissal of Certain Employees 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)
G. Collective Bargaining Negotiations Matters 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)
H. Discussion of Minutes of Meetings Closed under the Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21)
I. Security Procedures, 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(8)