Berwyn City Council met July 11.
Berwyn City Council met July 11.
Here is the minutes provided by the Council:
1. The regular meeting of the Berwyn City Council was called to order by Mayor Lovero at 8:00 p.m. Upon the call of the roll, the following responded present: Lennon, Reardon, Fejt, Santoy, Ruiz, Avila and Garcia. Absent: Ramirez. Avila made a motion, seconded by Fejt, to excuse Ramirez. The motion carried.
2. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited and a moment of silence was given for the family of Donna Gilbert, beloved sister of Police Department Administrative Assistant Mary Drenth and aunt of Timothy Drenth, of the Berwyn Recreation Department; Lazaro E. Ramirez, father of 2nd Ward Alderman Jose Ramirez and for the men and women protecting our safety on the streets of Berwyn, in the Armed Forces and all Veterans.
3. The Open Forum portion of the meeting was announced. Jim Woywod thanked supporters of the Golf Outing on behalf of the Morton Booster’s Club. Avila thanked Tom Benson and World’s Largest Laundromat for the sponsorship of the July 3rd firework show. Lennon announced a 1st Ward meeting on August 3rd at 7pm at the Moose Lodge located at 3625 S. Harlem. Garcia announced an 8th Ward meeting on July 26th at 7:30pm at St. Mary of Celle located at 1428 S. Wesley. Reardon announced a 3rd Ward meeting on July 20th at 6:30 pm at Trinity Church located at 7022 Riverside Drive. Gutierrez thanked the Finance Department on a job well done with the Treasurer’s Report and noted the report is complete and posted. Ruiz thanked the staff for coming out to the 6th Ward meeting and noted it was a great turn out.
4. The minutes of the regular Berwyn City Council meeting held on June 27, 2017 were submitted. Thereafter, Avila made a motion, seconded by Lennon, to approve the minutes as submitted and place same on file for audit. The motion carried by a voice vote.
5. Avila made a motion, seconded by Fejt, to suspend the rules and bring forward agenda item J-1. The motion carried. Item J-1 is a communication from Fire Chief O’Halloran regarding the appointment of Lucas Grieco to the position of Probationary Firefighter/Paramedic. Avila made a motion, seconded by Lennon, to concur and approve the appointment as submitted. The motion carried by a voice vote. Thereafter, Clerk Paul administered the Oath of Office.
6. The Zoning Boards of Appeals originally submitted a communication regarding 6714-6720 W. 16th Street. The matter was withdrawn from the agenda.
7. Deferred Item from Alderman Lennon regarding an event request from Christian Life Center was submitted. Thereafter, Lennon made a motion, seconded by Avila, to concur and approve as submitted. The motion carried by a voice vote.
8. Deferred Item from Alderman Ruiz regarding an event request from ReMax Partners was submitted. Thereafter, Ruiz made a motion, seconded by Lennon, to concur and approve as submitted. The motion carried by a voice vote.
9. The Library Director submitted a communication requesting authorization to advertise and hire library staff to fill the vacancy of Reference Library Assistant II (40 hours). Thereafter, Lennon made a motion, seconded by Reardon, to concur and approve as submitted. The motion carried by a voice vote.
10. The Public Works Director submitted a communication regarding the recommendation to Award Bids for the 2016 CDBG Water-main and Sewer Section Replacement and Roadway Resurfacing projects. Thereafter, Santoy made a motion, seconded by Lennon, to concur with the recommendation of Water-main and Sewer Section Replacements to the lowest qualified bidder and approve for payment in an amount not to exceed $427,525 and a 5% contingency of $21,375 to Cerniglia Company Inc. and concur with the recommendation for Roadway Resurfacing, Sidewalk and ADA Improvements to the lowest qualified bidder and approve for payment in an amount not to exceed $561,640 and a 5% contingency of $28,082 to M&J Asphalt Paving Company Inc. The motion carried by a unanimous roll call vote.
11. The Department of Community Development Director submitted a resolution of the 2017 CDBG Annual Action Plan. Thereafter, Avila made a motion, seconded by Lennon to concur, adopt the resolution as presented and authorize the corporate authorities to affix their signatures thereto. The motion carried by a unanimous roll call vote.
12. The consent agenda, items K-1 through K-24 were submitted:
1. Payroll: 6/28/2017 $1,186,004.00
2. Payables: 7/11/2017 $2,128,875.46
3. St. Leonard: Advertising for Kermes Event 8/20/2017
4. Block Party: 1800 block of Scoville 7/15/2017 Rain date 7/22/2017
5. Block Party: 3800 block of Wisconsin 7/15/2017 Rain date 7/22/2017
6. Block Party: 3400 block of Home 7/22/2017 Rain date 7/23/2017
7. Block Party: 3600 block of Maple 7/29/2017
8. Block Party: 1600 block of Clinton 7/29/2017 Rain date 8/5/2017
9. Block Party: 1900 block of Gunderson 7/29/2017 Rain date 8/19/2017
10. Block Party: 3800 block of Wenonah 8/5/2017 Rain date 8/6/2017
11. Block Party: 1500 block of Clarence 8/5/2017 Rain date 8/12/2017
12. Block Party: 3500 block of Highland 8/5/2017 Rain date 8/12/2017
13. Block Party: 1900 block of Cuyler 8/12/2017
14. Block Party: 2300 block of Wesley 8/12/2017 Rain date 8/19/2017
15. Block Party: 1200 block of Harvey 8/19/2017 Rain date 8/26/2017
16. Block Party: 3800 block of Grove 8/19/2017 Rain date 8/26/2017
17. Block Party: 3100 block of Maple 8/19/2017 Rain date 9/16/2017
18. Block Party: 1600 block of Cuyler 8/20/2017 Rain date 8/27/2017
19. Block Party: 3100 block of Wenonah 8/26/2017 Rain date 8/27/2017
20. Block Party: 3200 block of Maple 8/26/2017 Rain date 8/27/2017
21. Handicap Parking Space Application #1150 – 3519 S. Culyer – Deny
22. Handicap Parking Space Application #1151 – 1439 S. Scoville – Override to Approve
23. Handicap Parking Zone Application #1153 – 2529 S. Kenilworth – Approve
24. Handicap Parking Space Application #1157 – 1852 S. Oak Park – Approve
Thereafter, Avila made a motion, seconded by Santoy, to concur, approve as Presented and approve by omnibus vote designation. The motion carried by a voice vote.
13. There being no further business to come before the Council, Lennon made the motion, seconded by Reardon, to adjourn at the hour of 8:12 p.m. The motion carried by a voice vote.
Organizations in this Story
21380 Washington Rd
Deer Creek, IL - 61733