Lindop School District 92 Board met May 18.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
A. Open Session Policy Number Section: 2:220
1. Board Members: Princess Dempsey, Tamara Whitfield, Shyrl Griffin, Carla Joiner-Herrod, Woodie Morris Jr., Tonya Taylor, and Penny Williams-Wolford
B. Roll Call Policy Number Section 2:230
C. Pledge Of Allegiance
D. Moment Of Silence
E. Public Comment Policy Number Section 2:230
F. Upcoming Events And Correspondence Policy Number Section: 2:220
G. Old Business Policy Number Section: 4:80
1. Recommended Second Read and Approval of Press Plus Issue 92.
a. Policy Code Policy Title
6:100 Using Animals in the Educational Program
7:280 Communicable and Chronic Infectious Disease
7:285 Food Allergy Management Program
2. Recommended Second Read and Approval of Press Plus Issue 93.
a. Policy Code Policy Title
2:120 Board Member Development
2:125 Board Member Compensation; Expenses
2:125-E1 Board Member Expense Reimbursement Form
2:125-E2 Board Member Estimated Expense Approval Form
2:200 Types of School Board Meetings
2:220 School board Meeting Procedure
2:220-E1 Board Treatment of Closed Meeting Verbatim Recordings and Minutes
2:220-E2 Motion to Adjourn to Closed Meeting
2:220-E4 Open Meeting Minutes
2:220-E5 Semi-Annual Review of Closed Meeting Minutes
2:220-E6 Log of Closed Meeting Minutes
2:220-E7 Access to Closed Meeting Minutes and Verbatim Recordings
2:220-E8 School Board Records Maintenance Requirements and FAQs
4:60 Purchase and Contracts
4:175 Convicted Child Sex Offender; Screening; Notification
5:10 Equal Employment Opportunity and Minority Recruitment
5:61-E1 Employee Expense Reimbursement Form
5:60-E2 Employee Estimated Expense Approval Form
5:100 Staff Development Program
5:185 Family and Medical Leave
5:190 Teacher Qualifications
5:250 Leaves of Absence
5:260 Student Teachers
5:280 Duties and Qualifications
5:330 Sick Days, Vacation, Holidays and Leaves
6:15 School Accountability
6:50 School Wellness
6:60 Curriculum Content
6:145 Migrant Students
6:160 English Learners
6:170 Title I Programs
6:340 Student Testing and Assessment Program
7:50 School Admissions and Student Transfers To and From Non-District Schools
7:70 Attendance and Truancy
7:250 Student Support Services
7:260 Exemptions from Physical Education
7:305 Student Athlete concussions and Head Injuries
7:310 Restrictions on Publication; Elementary Schools
8:30 Visitors to and Conduct on School Property
8:70 Accommodating Individuals with Disabilities
H. New Business Policy Number Section 2:10
1. Recommended Approval of March 21, 2017, Regular Session Minutes.
2. Recommended Approval of March 21, 2017, Closed Session Minutes.
3. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Accounts Payable for April 2017.
4. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Payroll for April 2017.
5. Recommended Approval of Activity Account Reconciliation for April 2017.
6. Recommended Second Read and Approval of Press Plus Issue 92.
a. Policy Code Policy Title
2:70 Vacancies on the School Board
2:70-E Checklist for Filling Board Vacancies by Appointment
2:120-E1 Guidelines for Serving as a Mentor to a New School Board Member
2:120-E2 Website listing of Development and Training Completed by Board Members
2:240-E1 Press Issue updates
2:240-E2 Development Local Policy
7:10-E Equal Educational Opportunities Within the School Community
7:270 Administering Medicines to Students
8:90 Parent Organizations and Booster Clubs
8:110 Public Suggestions and Concerns
1:10 School District Legal Status
1:20 District Organization, Operations, ans Cooperative Agreements
1:30 School District Philosophy
2:10 School District Governance
2:130 Board-Superintendent Relationship
3:10 Goals and Objectives
3:30 Chain of Command
4:80 Accounting and Audits
5:150 Personnel Records
6:255 Assemblies and Ceremonies
6:260 Complaints About Curriculum, Instructional Materials, and Programs
7. Recommended Approval to submit application for Administrative Cost Waiver.
8. Recommended Approval for Administrators and Support Staff to use fiscal year 2016 Vacation Days through July 30, 2017.
9. Recommended Approval of the Lindop School District 92 calendar for 2017-2018.
10. Recommended Approval to submit application for Pre-K for All Expansion Grant for 2017-2018 school year.
11. Recommended Approval to complete summer 2017 roofing project in the amount of $362,600.
12. Recommended Approval to attend TECH 2017 in Springfield, IL on May 9, 2017.
13. Update and Discussion on E-Rate Priority 2 Project.
14. Recommended Approval to accept the resignation of Dora Clay, Lunchroom Cook.
a. Personnel (0)
b. Employment (0)
c. Student (0)
d. Resignation (1)
I. Committee Reports
J. Superintendent Report
K. Board President Comment
L. Acknowledge Retiring Board Member Policy Section Number: 2:30
M. Executive Session Policy Number Section: 2:220-E2
The Board of Education members will enter into closed session to discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of a specific employee of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against and employee of the public body against counsel for the public body to determine its validity. (Section 5 IFCS 120/2(1) of the Open Meetings Act.)
N. Reconvene Open Session Policy Number Section 2:220-E2
O. Current School Board Adjourn Sine Die Policy Number Section: 2:30
P. Oath Of Office And New Board Seated Policy Section Number 2:30
1. Penny Williams-Wolford
2. Tonya Taylor
3. Victoria Arrington
Q. Roll Call Of New Board
1. Board Members: Princess Dempsey, Shyrl Griffin, Carla Joiner-Herrod, Woodie Morris, Jr., Tonya Taylor, Penny Williams-Wolford, and Victoria Arrington.
R. Motion To Appoint
1. Motion to appoint President Pro Tem to facilitate the reorganization of the Board of Education.
2. Motion to appoint Secretary Pro Tem to facilitate the reorganization of the Board of Education.
S. Motion To Elect Board Officers
1. Motion to elect Board President
2. Motion to elect Board Vice President
3. Motion to elect Board Secretary