Village of Westchester Economic Development met February 27.
Here is the minutes provided by the Economic Development:
1. Meeting called to order at 7:39 a.m. by Chairperson Pastor Joe Mills.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call - Darlene Barber, Brian Doruff, Lori-Jo Fergle, Doug Hilton, Pastor Joe Mills, Allison Muzal, Village Chamber of Commerce Liaison (vacant seat), Village Representative, Trustee Frank Perry, Director Community Development Melissa Headley
4. Opening Public Participation and Comments- None.
5. Active Agenda
A. Approval of Meeting Minutes- February 13, 2017 meeting minutes approved by Lori-Jo Fergle, second Darlene Barber; all in favor, the minutes were unanimously approved. Note correction made to item #6, was stated as Ashland Florist, and should have been Palmer Florist.
6. Updates from Village Management- Melissa Headley report given which included, Eric Rossi of 10526 Cermak and Highland Golf Course has begun plans for unit development; and Palmer Florist has been approved for signage modifications and also going through the process of applying for Façade Grant.
7. Updates from Village Chamber of Commerce- The next Chamber Luncheon is February 28th at Giordano’s Pizza; and Member Appreciation Dinner being held at Mayfair date tbd.
8. Old Business (Discussion Only)
A. Reviewing Business District Gatherings. What have we learned? How can we best assist businesses in their growth and success? Next steps- Discussions held.
B. Conversation about 10526 Cermak-suggestions/input on their request- Eric Rossi’s request going through the process of working on zoning hearing, scheduled for late March early April.
C. Review of any EDC applications- Paul Strandquist filling the vacant seat for EDC Chamber of Commerce Liaison.
9. New Business – none.
Adjournment- Motion to adjourn Doug Hilton, second by Brian Doruff; meeting adjourned at 8:38 am.