Maywood Ordinance Committee discusses fire-department issues
At a meeting this week, the Maywood Legal, License and Ordinance Committee discussed winter preparations at the Maywood Fire Department, including repairs on Station No. 2's roof.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the committee.
LEGAL, LICENSE AND ORDINANCE COMMITTEE VILLAGE OF MAYWOOD WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2016 AT 7:00 PM 125 SOUTH 5TH AVENUE MAYWOOD, ILLINOIS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments
4. Approval of minutes for the Legal, License and Ordinance Committee Meeting for Wednesday,
September 14, 2016.
5. Public Items:
A. Mayor's Report and Theme: "A SHIFT IS COMING, THINGS ARE CHANGING IN OUR
FAVOR, WHEN THE PEOPLE GET A MIND TO WORK"
1) Update on the 2016 Maywood Family Fest
B. Village Manager's Reports
1) Discussion of the Fire Department Winter preparations and repairs involving the roof at Fire
Station No. 2. Preparation for inspection/repairs was completed by Raincoat Roof Maintenance Inc. in the amount of $4,765.00.
2) Discussion of Inland Real Estate Brokerage and Consulting Firm to provide marketing,
valuation and brokerage services for the larger Commercial Parcels (Exhibit 1) for the Village's Real Estate Portfolio. Marketing not to exceed $15,000.00 from the St. Charles TIF, Escrow No. 6.
3) Discussion of Case #16-003 - Findings of Fact and Recommendations of the Plan
Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals ("PC/ZBA") of certain Text Amendments of the Village's existing notice requirements for Zoning Public Hearings as it relates to reducing zoning notice distances.
4) Discussion of an Ordinance amending Chapter 31.21 (Board of Fire and Police
Commissioners) of the Maywood Village Code relative to Membership, Term and Administrative Duties, with a cover memo from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. dated
Legal, License and Ordinance Committee Wednesday, September 28, 2016 Page 2
September 21, 2016.
5) Discussion of a Broker's Representation Agreement and the disposal and sale of Certain
Surplus Village-Owned Real Estate and the approval of Pearson Realty Group to act as Seller's Agent in regard to the sale of Certain Surplus Village-Owned Real Estate, including the Broker's parcels of surplus Village-Owned Real Estate (Pearson Realty Group), with a cover memo from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. dated September 22, 2016,
6) Discussion of Amendment #1 to the Local Public Agency Agreement for Federal participation to be entered into by the Village of Maywood and the Illinois Department of Transportation ("IDOT") and for the appropriation of Village funds for the purpose of paying for the Local Agency share related to the construction of the Maywood Train Station - Main Street from Fifth Avenue to Fourth Avenue, under IDOT Project Number CMM-4003(277), State Job No. C-91-211-14, MFT Section No 13-00136-00-RR, including the Amendment #1 to the Local Public Agency Agreement for federal participation (IDOT Form), with a cover memo from Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. dated September 22, 2016.
7) Discussion of Letter of Commendation from the Federal Emergency Management Agency
regarding the award to Maywood Fire Department of the sum of Fifty Thousand Dollars as a result of diligent work and positive attitude to be used to upgrade their handheld radios.
8) Consideration of Intergovernmental Agreement for Geographic Information System (GIS)
Data sharing with the Cook County Assessor's Office
9) Consideration of an Intergovernmental Agreement with Cook County Department of Public
Health for the provision of Environmental Health Inspections Services for the period of December 1, 2016 through November 30, 2017.
10) Discussion of the Thanksgiving Gift Card Program
11) Discussion regarding status of Crosswalk and Pedestrian Crossing in the Village of Maywood.
C. Village Attorney's Reports
6. New Business
7. Executive Session
A. Probable and Imminent Litigation, Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)).
cc: Mayor Edwenna Perkins
Legal, License and Ordinance Committee Wednesday, September 28, 2016 Page 3
Trustees: Toni Dorris
Henderson Yarbrough, Sr. Melvin L. Lightford Ronald Rivers Michael Rogers Isiah Brandon Village Clerk Viola Mims Village Manager Willie Norfleet, Jr.