Maywood Ordinance Committee discusses fast-track demolition actions
At a recent meeting, the Maywood Legal, License and Ordinance Committee discussed fast-track demolition actions.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the committee.
RESCHEDULED LEGAL, LICENSE AND
VILLAGE OF MAYWOOD
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 2016
AT 7:00 PM
125 SOUTH 5TH AVENUE
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments
4. Approval of minutes for the Legal, License and Ordinance Committee Meeting for Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
5. Public Items:
A. Mayor's Report and Theme: "A SHIFT IS COMING, THINGS ARE CHANGING IN OUR
FAVOR, WHEN THE PEOPLE GET A MIND TO WORK"
1) Discussion and consideration to appoint John Yi to the Police Pension Board.
2) Discussion and consideration of approval for a kiosk in the amount of $2500.00 regarding the Safe Summer event.
B. Village Manager's Reports
1) Discussion and consideration regarding quote received from Public Works Department obtained from Water Products Company for water repair shoring equipment necessary to meet safety standards for Water Department personnel. The total amount for all items needed is $7,717.00.
2) Discussion and consideration regarding an application (Exhibit 1) for Class 6B Sustainable Emergency Relief (SER) Tax Incentive Program submitted to the Cook County Assessor's office, Cook County Department of Economic Development and the Village of Maywood by property owner James Leon Olde. The recommendation from Angela Smith, Coordinator of Business Development is to move 6B SER Resolution for approval on (Exhibit 2) to the July
26, 2016 Board of Trustees meeting.
3) Discussion and consideration regarding Resolution approving and authorizing the execution of a First Addendum to the Employment Agreement entered into with Willie Norfleet, Jr. with a copy of the First Addendum to the Employment Agreement with Willie Norfleet, Jr. attached as Exhibit "A".
4) Discussion and consideration regarding a Resolution authorizing intervention in all 2014 through 2016 Tax Year Appeals before the Cook County Board of Review and the State of Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board.
5) Discussion and consideration regarding an Ordinance amending various sections of Chapter 92 (Health and Sanitation) and Chapter 150 (Building Regulations) of the Maywood Village Code relative to Nuisances and Abatements.
6) Discussion and consideration regarding an Ordinance amending various sections of Title XI (Business Regulations), Chapter 116 (Tobacco), of the Maywood Village Code regarding Tobacco Enforcement.
7) Discussion and consideration regarding Fast-Track Demolition Actions
8) Discussion for nomination of Local Landmark Historic Designation for 704 N. 4th Avenue.
9) Discussion for nomination of Local Landmark Historic Designation for 224 N. 1st Avenue.
10) Discussion and consideration to address a recommendation for assets and a reduction of fees for active red-light cameras under contract with American Traffic Solutions (ATS).
11) Discussion and consideration concerning entering into an Interlocal Agreement with the Village of Broadview for Repairing 13th Avenue
12) Discussion and consideration concerning obtaining trees from the Metropolitan Water
Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD).
C. Village Attorney's Reports
6. New Business
7. Executive Session
A. Pending Litigation, pursuant to (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11)).
B. The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of a specific employee or legal counsel pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1).
C. Setting of a price for sale of property owned by the Village pursuant to 5 ILCS/120/2(c)(6)).
D. Discussion of minutes of meetings for the Legal, License and Ordinance Committee and the
Board of Trustees lawfully closed under OMA for the purposes of approval by the body of the minutes or semi-annual review of the minutes pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(21) and 2.06.
E. Bargaining Union Matters
cc: Mayor Edwenna Perkins
Trustees: Toni Dorris
Henderson Yarbrough, Sr.
Melvin L. Lightford
Village Clerk Viola Mims
Village Manager Willie Norfleet, Jr.