Western Springs police board considers hiring probationary officers
At a meeting this week, the Western Springs Board of Fire and Police Commission considered a measure to approve the hiring of probationary police officers.
The Board of Fire and Police Commission conducts testing and assessment center exercises for the hiring and promotion of police officers and fire fighters and establishes eligibility requirements under Illinois statutes.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
BOARD OF FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSION MEETING
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
740 HILLGROVE AVENUE
1. Approval of Minutes – April 27, 2016
2. Public Comment
3. Executive Session: 5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1): Discussion of the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body.
4. Motion to approve the hiring of probationary police officers
5. Chief’s recommendation for the retention of probationary Police Officer Vincent Gismondi
6. Motion to approve the amendment to the Board of Fire and Police
Commission Rules – Education Requirement – Police Department sworn position
Commissioner Marcia Buell, Chairman
cc: Janet Dahl, Commissioner
James Maragos, Commissioner
2nd Original to Clerk's Office for Posting
Faxed to: Papers 6/17/2016
Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require accommodations in order to allow them to observe and participate, or who have questions regarding accessibility of the meeting or facilities, are requested to contact Elaine Haeske Deputy Clerk at 708-246-1800, extension 127.