Maywood trustees consider pact to pay for share of train station project
At a special meeting this week, the Maywood Village Board of Trustees considered approving an agreement to pay the village's share of the Maywood Train Station-Main Street project.
The board is the legislative body that develops and approves ordinances and resolutions governing the life of the community.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the board:
SPECIAL VILLAGE BOARD MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE VILLAGE OF MAYWOOD
THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 2016 AT 7:00 PM
125 SOUTH 5TH AVENUE MAYWOOD, ILLINOIS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Special Meeting of the Village Board
A. New Business:
1) A Resolution approving the Local Public Agency Agreement for Federal Participation to be entered into by the Village of Maywood and the Illinois Department of Transportation ("IDOT") and for the Appropriation of Village funds for the purpose of paying for the Local Agency share related to the construction of the Maywood Train Station-Main Street from Fifth Avenue to Fourth Avenue, under IDOT Project Number CMM-4003(277), State Job No. C-91-211-14, MFT Section No. 13-00136-00-RR A copy of Maywood Train Station Location Map and Memorandum from Hancock Engineering, Mark D. Lucas, P.E., dated June 1, 2016 regarding the Maywood Train Station Local Public Agency Agreement and Construction Engineering Services Agreement is enclosed.
2) A Resolution approving the Construction Engineering Services Agreement to be entered into by the Village of Maywood and Christopher B. Burke Engineering, Ltd. and for the appropriation of Village funds for the purpose of paying for Construction Engineering Services related to the Maywood Train Station Project - Main Street from Fifth Avenue to Fourth Avenue, Under IDOT Project Number CMM-4003(277), State Job No. C-91-211-14, MFT Section No. 13-00136-00-RR
3) A Motion to approve the Tuition Reimbursement Payment in the amount of $14,388.77 for Police Officer Alfridi for criminal justice course work at Lewis University pursuant to an arbitration order dated March 24, 2016. A copy of the Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins, Ltd. Memo dated April 1, 2016 regarding Tuition Reimbursement for Police Officers Martinez and Alfridi with Arbitrators Agreed Order dated March 24, 2016.
4) Approval of invoice from Marion Body Works Inc. regarding One (1) Custom Spartan EMFD 10" Raised Roof Chassis in the amount of $220,674.00 for the Maywood Fire Department.
5) Consideration to approve the award of a contract to Triggi Construction Inc. in the amount of Special Village Board Meeting Thursday, June 9, 2016 Page 2 $456,708.80 for the construction of the 2016 Alley and Parking Lot Improvement. A copy of letter from Hancock Engineering regarding the 2016 Alley and Parking Lot Improvements Bid Openings Results and Recommendation is enclosed along with Bid Tabulation.
6) Consideration to approve the Federacion De Clubes Unidos "Zacatecanos Festival" for Saturday and Sunday, July 16 & 17, 2016. B. Consideration to rent out the Fred Hampton Aquatics Center for Maywood Fine Arts either for July 15th or July 22, 2016 for their summer fundraising event.
4. Public Comments
5. Executive Session
A. The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of a specific employee, pursuant to (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)).
B. Setting the Price of Village Owned Real Estate, pursuant to 5 ILCS/120/2(c)(6)
cc: Mayor Edwenna Perkins Trustees: Toni Dorris Henderson Yarbrough, Sr. Melvin L. Lightford Ronald Rivers Michael Rogers Isiah Brandon Village Clerk Viola Mims Village Manager Willie Norfleet, Jr.
Organizations in this Story
2300 S Dirksen Pkwy
Springfield, IL - 62764
40 Madison St
Maywood, IL - 60153
40 Madison St
Maywood, IL - 60153