Hillside Board of Trustees considers additional tax levy for library needs
At a meeting this week, the Hillside Board of Trustees considered a measure to approve an additional 0.2 percent tax levy to support library functions for fiscal 2016-2017.
Hillside uses a mayor/trustee form of government. The board consists of the mayor and six trustees. The board is the village's policy-making body, which approves ordinances and adopts resolutions.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as submitted by the board.
VILLAGE OF HILLSIDE
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES
AT THE MUNICIPAL COMPLEX, 425 HILLSIDE AVENUE,
HILLSIDE, IL 60162
AT 7:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, MAY 23, 2016
1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. TOWN HALL MEETING
5. APPROVAL OR CORRECTION OF MINUTES for Regular Meeting of
April 25, 2016.
6. VILLAGE CLERK:
A. Oaths of Office to Police Sergeant Dan Pereda, and Police
Officer Michelle Duhr.
B. CONSENT AGENDA
All items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be
routine in nature and will be enacted in one motion.
There will be no separate discussion of these items
unless a Board member so requests, in which event, the
item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and
considered a part of the Board Member’s committee
1. Illinois Department of Revenue: Sales tax returns
for month of March, 2016, in the amount of $348,277.87.
Amount received for March, 2015, in the amount of
2. Illinois Department of Transportation: Motor Fuel
Tax allotment for the month of April, 2016, in
the amount of $18,563.81.
3. Approval of gross payroll for periods April 16 through
April 29, 2016, in the amount of $264,022.72, and April
30 through May 13, 2016, in the amount of $267,654.20.
4. Payment of bills for the month of May, 2016, in the
amount of $522,897.50.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MAY 23, 2016 PAGE 2
5. Com Ed: Utility tax for the month of February, 2016,
in the amount of $35,986.27.
6. NiCor Gas: Utility Tax for the month of March, 2016,
in the amount of $10,127.12.
7. Excise Tax for the month of March, 2016, in the amount
8. Code Enforcement Officer’s Report (April, 2016).
9. Police Department Report (April, 2016).
10. Fire Department Report (April, 2016), and corrected
11. E.M.A. Report (April, 2016).
12. Public Works Department Report (April, 2016).
13. Building Inspector’s Report (April, 2016).
14. Social Services Report (April, 2016).
Motion to accept and approve Consent Agenda. (Roll
7. DEPARTMENT HEAD OPERATING REPORTS:
A. Treasurer/Director of Economic Development John Flood
B. Police Chief Joseph Lukaszek
C. Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz
D. Public Works and Building Services Director Joseph Pisano
8. VILLAGE ENGINEER’S REPORT:
9. VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
AGENDA FOR REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MAY 23, 2016 PAGE 3
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
A. Finance, Licensing, and Ordinance Review Committee:
1. First reading of Appropriation Ordinance 16-06.
B. Public Works, Inspection Services, Economic
Development Committee: (Trustee Andersen)
1. Motion to approve proposal from K2N Crest,
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 320, Oak Brook, Illinois
60523, for work at 431 Hillside Avenue renovation for
the amount of $49,260.00, and authorizing Administrator
to sign and execute same.
2. Motion to approve final payment of $72,624.36 to
Illinois Department of Transportation as part of the
Village’s 20% cost share for expenses incurred for the
Mannheim Road Streetscape Project.
C. Public Safety Committee: (Trustee Watson)
1. Motion to approve Fire Chief Jeffrey Pilz to attend
Illinois Fire Chiefs Association 46th Annual Symposium
Program, Peoria, Illinois, May 25-27, 2016, at a cost
2. Motion to approve Fire Captain Howard Murray to attend
Illinois Fire Service Institute, Champaign, Illinois,
October 3-7, 2016, at cost of $1,325.00.
3. Motion to approve purchase of a new Horton Ambulance,
for an estimated purchase price of $229,000. This
price includes a new power loading cot system which
IRMA will pay for one third of the cost. This price is
after the IRMA one third match.
4. Hillside Emergency Management Agency to sponsor a
search and rescue training exercise on Saturday, June
18, 2016, at 31st and LaGrange Road in the LaGrange
5. Community Watch Meeting is Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at
7:00 p.m. in the Board Room.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MAY 23, 2016 PAGE 4
D. Planning, Zoning and Legislative Committee: (Trustee
E. Environmental Committee: (Trustee Lomeli)
F. Community Relations Committee: (Trustee Farries)
1. Report on Project UFO held at the Hillside Commons
on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
11. OLD BUSINESS:
12. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Finance, Licensing, and Ordinance Review Committee:
1. Motion to approve Resolution 16-03, Authorizing
Illinois Public Pension Fund Association Deferred
Compensation Plan as an Employee Benefit Option, and
authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute same.
2. Motion to approve Resolution 16-01 Determining to Levy
Additional tax of 0.2 percent for Library Purposes for
FY 2016-2017, and authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign
and execute same.
B. Public Safety Committee: (Trustee Watson)
1. Motion to approve Ordinance 16-07, for the sale of old
911/dispatch Village property to the Village of
Schiller Park, at a cost of $1,700.00, and authorizing
Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute same.
C. Environmental Committee: (Trustee Lomeli)
1. Motion to approve Resolution 16-02, Endorsing the
Metropolitan Mayors Caucus’ Greenest Region Compact 2,
and authorizing Mayor and Clerk to sign and execute
AGENDA FOR REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MAY 23, 2016 PAGE 5
13. VILLAGE PRESIDENT:
A. Hillside’s Annual Memorial Day Observance is at noon on
Monday, May 30th, at the Veterans Memorial in the Hillside
A. Next Board-of-a-Whole Meeting to be held at 7:30 P.M.
on Monday, June 13, 2016, in the Board Room of the
Municipal Complex, 425 Hillside Avenue, Hillside, IL,