Lyons Board of Trustees appoints clerk pro tempore
Lyons Board of Trustees met Oct. 28.
Here are the minutes as provided by Lyons:
Call to order
- Meeting called to order at 3:15 p.m. by Mayor Christopher Getty
Pledge of allegiance
- Pledge of allegiance led by Mayor Getty
Motion to appoint clerk pro tempore
- Mayor Getty entertained a motion to appoint Tom Sheahan Clerk Pro Tempore. Motion made by Trustee Hilker, seconded by Trustee Veselsky all in consensus
- Clerk Pro Tempore Sheahan called roll. Present: Mayor Gettey, Trustees Echeverria, Hilker, Marchiori, Ramirez, Veselsky, Absent: Trustee Alonzi. Also present: Village manager Sheahan, finance director Denys, Police chief James Keating and Attorney Sterk.
- Action regarding 10/28/16-M1 motion to approve an ordinance amending the municipal code of the village of Lyons at sections 1-6-3; 1-7-2; 1-8-3 and 4-2-3 in the village of Lyons, Cook county, Illinois, which is an ordinance including the village president/liquor control commissioner, Village clerk, and board of trustees, who will be elected at the April 4, 2017 municipal election, and who will take office at the first regular or special meeting in May, 2017.
Mayor Getty entertained a motion to approve. ACTION ITEM A. Motion made by Trustee Ramirez, seconded by Trustee Hilker. Clerk Pro Tempore Sheahan called roll:
Ayes: 6 trustees Echeverria, Hilker, Marchiori, Veselsky, Ramirez, Mayor Getty
Absent: 1 Trustee Alonzi
Motion passed and carried
Mary Kalfus asked about the action item this meeting and would like to tear down the old village hall and the Rec Hall on Gage Avenue. Toni Parker asked about the TIF meetings
Mayor Getty entertained a motion to adjourn: Motion made by Trustee Echeverria seconded by Trustee Veselsky. All in consensus, Meeting adjourned at 3:24 p.m.
Organizations in this Story
4200 Lawndale Ave
Lyons, IL 60534