Lindop School District 92 Board considers FOIA request for documents
At a meeting this week, the Lindop School District 92 Board considered a Better Government Association request for several financial and legal documents under the Freedom of Information Act.
The Lindop School District 92 Board includes seven members charged with adopting, enforcing and monitoring all policies for the management and governance of the district’s schools.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2016
AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION, LINDOP SCHOOL DISTRICT 92, HELD ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2016, IN THE LINDOP SCHOOL CAFETERIA, 2400 SOUTH 18TH AVE., BROADVIEW, ILLINOIS 60155, BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM
A. OPEN SESSION Policy Number Section: 2:220
Board Members: Princess Dempsey, Tamara Whitfield, Shyrl Griffin, Anissa Cubie, Carla Joiner-Herrod, Tonya Taylor, and Penny Williams-Wolford B. ROLL CALL Policy Number Section: 2:220 C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE D. PUBLIC COMMENT Policy Number Section 2:230 E. FOIA REQUEST Policy Number Section: 2:11
1. Jared Rutecki at the Better Government Association with a request for documents under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act. Specifically, under FOIA, I am requesting copies of:
a. Collective Bargaining Agreements: Any and all current collective bargaining agreements, including but not limited to union contracts with teachers. If a union is currently operating under an expired contract, please include it.
b. Administrator Contracts: Any and all employment/personnel agreements and contracts with current administrators, including but not limited to superintendents and principals.
c. Budget: The approved operating and capital budgets for the 2016-2017 school year.
d. Legal Settlements: Any and all legal settlements entered into, signed, or otherwise adopted from August 1, 2015, to present.
e. Payroll: Documents sufficient to show the names and corresponding job titles and salaries of any and all district employees and board members as of today (In other words, the current payroll records that include names, positions, and pay for all employees, not just teachers and administrators). Provide budget and payroll documents in a spreadsheet format, and a PDF for the collective bargaining agreements, administrator contracts and legal settlements. \
F. UPCOMING EVENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE Policy Number Section 2:220
G. PUBLIC HEARING ON 2016-2017 BUDGET
H. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Finance Committee
2. Personnel Committee
3. Technology Committee
I. OLD BUSINESS Policy Number Section: 4:80
1. Recommended Approval of August 16, 2016, Regular Session Board Minutes
2. Recommended Approval of August 16, 2016, Closed Session Board Minutes
3. Recommended Approval of August 28, 2016, Regular Session Board Minutes
4. Recommended Approval of August 28, 2016, Closed Session Board Minutes
5. Recommended Second Read and Approval of Plus Plus Issue 90 (Adopted as Presented by IASB) list policies.
a. Policy Code Policy Title
6:130 Program for the Gifted 7:150 Agency and Police Interviews 7:190 Student Behavior – Renamed and Rewritten 7:200 Suspension Procedures Rewritten Option
1: Prohibit use or possession of cell phones, etc. unless authorized by the Building Principal. Option
2: Restrict all suspended students from school grounds and school activities; replace “may” with “shall. Option
3: Restrict expelled students from school grounds and school activities; replace “may” with “shall. 7:210 Expulsion Procedures Rewritten 7:220 Bus Conduct 7:240 Conduct Code for Participants in Extracurricular Activities 7:305 Student Athlete Concussions and Head Injuries
J. NEW BUSINESS Policy Number Section: 2:10
1. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Payroll.
2. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Accounts Payable.
3. Recommended Approval of Activity Account Reconciliation.
4. Recommended Approval to approve the Application for Illinois State Board of Education Recognition of schools.
5. Recommendation to Post the 2016-2017 Contracts in excess of $25,000.
6. Recommendation to Post the Administrative Compensation for 2016-2017.
7. Recommendation to Post the Teacher Salary and Benefits for 2016-2017.
8. Recommendation to Approve the Resolution to adopt the 2016-2017 Lindop School District 92 Budget
9. Recommended Approval to Purchase Two zSpace Computers for Grade 5 and Grade 8 Science Program.
10. Recommended Approval to accept the resignation of lunchroom monitors.
11. Recommended Approval to hire Lunchroom/Playground Monitors pending background check.
12. Recommended Approval to hire Administrative Assistant pending background check.
13. Superintendent's Evaluation
(2) b. Employment
(3) c. Dismissal K. SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
L. BOARD PRESIDENT REPORT
M. EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. The Lindop Board of Education will enter into closed session for the purpose to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of a specific employee of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity. Section 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (1) of the Open Meetings Act)
N. RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
Personnel: Approval of Resignation, Employment
1. Next Regular Session Board of Education Meeting:
When: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. Where: Lindop School (Cafeteria)
Lindop School District 92 Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a high quality education that inspires each student to become a self- disciplined, passionate life-long learner who is equipped to flourish in an ever-changing global society. This is achieved through partnerships based on mutual respect and shared accountability.
Organizations in this Story
2400 South 18th Avenue
Broadview, IL 60155