Lindop District 92 Board considers approving several teacher hires
At a recent meeting, the Lindop School District 92 Board considered approving several teacher and administrative hires.
The Lindop School District 92 Board includes seven members charged with adopting, enforcing, and monitoring all policies for the management and governance of the district’s schools.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
AGENDA FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION, LINDOP
SCHOOL DISTRICT 92, HELD ON TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2016, IN THE LINDOP SCHOOL
CAFETERIA, 2400 SOUTH 18TH AVE., BROADVIEW, ILLINOIS, BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM.
A. OPEN SESSION Policy Number Section: 2:220
Board Members: Princess Dempsey, Tamara Whitfield, Shyrl Griffin, Anissa Cubie, Carla
Joiner-Herrod, Tonya Taylor, and Penny Williams-Wolford
B. ROLL CALL Policy Number Section: 2:220
C. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
D. PUBLIC COMMENT Policy Number Section 2:230
E. FOIA REQUEST Policy Number Section: 2:11
F. UPCOMING EVENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE Policy Number Section 2:220
G. COMMITTEE REPORTS
H. OLD BUSINESS Policy Number Section: 4:80
I. NEW BUSINESS Policy Number Section: 2:10
1. Recommended Approval of June 21, 2016, Regular Session Board Minutes.
2. Recommended Approval of June 21, 2016, Closed Session Board Minutes.
3. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Payroll.
4. Recommended Approval of Lindop District 92 Accounts Payable.
5. Recommended Approval of Activity Account Reconciliation.
6. Recommended Approval to hire Board/District Secretary.
7. Recommended Approval to hire Assistant Principal.
8. Recommended Approval to hire Middle School Teacher (Language Arts/Social Studies).
9. Recommended Approval to hire Certified School Nurse.
10. Recommended Approval to hire 3rd Grade Elementary School Teacher.
11. Recommended Approval to hire 4th Grade Elementary School Teacher.
12. Recommended Approval to hire 8th Grade Middle School Math Teacher.
13. Recommended Approval to hire Special Education Teacher/Case Manager.
14. Recommended Approval to hire 5th Grade Certificated Long-Term Substitute.
15. Recommended Approval to Approve the Resolution of the Honorable Dismissal of FullTime
Educational Support Personnel-Reduction in Workforce.
16. Discussion of Pending Student Expulsion.
b. Employment (8)
d. Student Discipline (1)
J. SUPERINTENDENT REPORT
K. BOARD PRESIDENT REPORT
L. EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. The Lindop Board of Education will enter into closed session for the purpose to discuss appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of a specific employee of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity. (Section 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (1) of the Open Meetings Act)
2. The Lindop Board of Education will enter into closed session for the purpose to discuss the placement of individual students in special education programs and other matters relating to individual students. (Section 5 ILCS 120/2(c) (10) of the Open Meetings Act)
M. RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
Personnel: Approval of Resignation/Retirement, Leave of Absence, Employment, Pending Litigation
1. Next Regular Session Board of Education Meeting:
When: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Lindop School (Cafeteria)
Lindop School District 92 Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a high quality education that inspires each student to become a self-disciplined, passionate life-long learner who is equipped to flourish in an ever-changing global society. This is achieved through partnerships based on mutual respect and shared accountability.
Organizations in this Story
2400 South 18th Avenue
Broadview, IL 60155