River Forest Public Library Policy Committee revises employment policies
At a recent meeting, the River Forest Public Library Board revised its hiring, grievance and other employment policies as part of an annual review.
The board adopts policies to govern library programs and operations, and approves an annual budget. The board also evaluates the director's performance annually and oversees implementation of the five-year Strategic Plan.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
River Forest Public Library
Policy Committee Meeting Minutes
In Attendance: Deborah Hill, Katie Bevan, Amy Grossman, Sue Quinn
This meeting was called to order at 7:34 PM by Deborah Hill and seconded by Katie Bevan.
1. Katie Bevan made a motion to approve the minutes of the 2/3/16 meeting, and Deborah Hill
seconded. Those minutes will be posted to the RFPL website.
2. The committee reviewed the policy spreadsheet that determines policies that need to be updated on
an annual or biannual basis. The Board of Trustee bylaws will next be updated in January 2018. The parts
of the Operations Policy pertaining to the Board will be revised.
3. Grievance Policy: The Grievance Procedures and the Grievance Policy drafts were reviewed and
revised. An updated final draft of each will be presented to the Board at the April Board Meeting.
4. Staff Hiring Policy: Some procedural sections (regarding timesheets, dress code, orientation, phones,
breaks, etc.) will be removed and placed in a to-be-created Employee Procedures Manual. Changes were
made to the drug/alcohol portion of the policy. The committee reviewed the first part of the policy, and
will continue with Employment Tiers and Benefits at the next meeting.
5. Timeline for Policy Committee:
April: Grievance Policy and Procedures and the first section of Employee Policies will be presented to the
May: Employment Tiers and Benefits section will be presented to the Board
6. For the next meeting: Katie will make edits on the Grievance Policy and the employment tiers and
benefits section of the Employment Policies; Deborah will review Employee Policies sections II-X
7. A date was set for the next committee meeting for Tuesday, May 10 at 7:30 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:20 PM by Deborah Hill and seconded by Katie Bevan.
Submitted by Amy Grossman.
Organizations in this Story
735 Lathrop Ave
River Forest, IL 60305